• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

opinions please 3080 suprim

Associate
Looking to get this graphic card, it will be replacing my sapphire rx5700xt pulse.
current hardware is

ryzen 5 3600
16 gig ram
mb is msi b450 tomahawk max
be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply

will the power supply be ok for this card if i get it?
can anyone give me any opinions or advice as to wheather its a decent purchase, my 5700 card is ok and does what i ask of it but i do wish i had originally stayed with nvidia

GEFORCE RTX 3080 SUPRIM X LHR 10GB GDDR6X PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37q-ms.html

Soldato
Is there not a thread where OCUK got a load of MSI cards and to be fair weren't too badly priced. BAse card was six fiddy.

£1290? You'll be feelin' someone 'hangin out the back of ya' for that.

Especially when you sell it.

Soldato
Personally I don't think it's worth it at double the price I paid for my 3080.

There were 3080ti FE in stock for hours yesterday at £1050 and while its 10% faster than a standard 3080 with 2gb more VRAM it's debatable whether or not they are even worth it.

Caporegime
You'd have been better off getting a 3080Ti FE the other day. 3080 RRP is about £650 so £1300 is obviously daylight robbery.

Associate
If you're thinking of buying that card at that price you really need to see a psychiatrist. If spending that much you could get a 3090 or 3080TI or two 3080FEs. Buying the Suprim at that price
would genuinely be one of, if not the, daftest buying decision of any computer component I've seen in 20 years.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Guys a said looking to get, and asked for opinions. Now the fact i asked that should show that i am not 100% in the know like you lot are.
i asked for advice, not keyboard warrior mental health evaluations. Cheers for the sensible replies, i won't be buying that card.
if you feel the need to reply knock yourself out..........................

Back
Top Bottom