Wife wants to buy me PS5 Digital but can’t find it :(

Associate
My wife has agreed to buy me a ps5 for my 50th! Only prob is there are none available (want the digital version).

Anyone know the best way to get one without paying over the odds? I saw a gfx card thread which talked about some alert service using signalling messenger (can’t find it now) and was wondering if there was something like that for ps5.

Can't type for toffee
Don
tbh mate the delayed stocks are expected to run until next year now last time I saw.
With all the hoohah about the lack of truck drivers I'd expect it to get worse not better any time soon.
Just keep yer eyes out unfortunately

There's all sorts f standalone sites, twitter and FB pages as well as channels in discord for all sorts of stock alerts.
Could also set a stock alert up on camelcamelcamel and hukd

Personally I'd look at the version with the drive to retain a better change of selling it down the line if you need to.
It also means that you're not stuck to paying the at time eye gouging prices on the PSN store

Caporegime
I can't see this getting back to normal until July 2022, summer generally being the quietest of gaming seasons. And then you'll have a couple of months of availability before Christmas shopping empties all the shelves again. :p

Soldato
Haven't paid near to £70 for a game yet. Unless for some reason you need a game at launch you can get it half price after a few weeks. Look at ratchet and clank

Associate
Thanks for the replies lads :( Oh well, looks like it might have to be for the 60th ffs. Sony - both the maker and breaker of dreams /sigh.
Could be worth nipping into your local Game store and speak to them. I know some people who have went in to ask about it and they've left their phone numbers for them to get in touch when stock appears. They 'reserved' it over the phone and collected later that day - I did this with the Pulse 3D headset.

Also follow your local store's Twitter as they sometimes post on there about it, it's how I was able to pre-order the new Halo Series X a few days after it was announced.

Associate
I used stock informer uk on discord. Myself and 6 mates have all got one through it. After it’s set up, you get an alert when stock is available. You need to be quick as soon as it comes through. Shouldn’t take you long to get one

Soldato
Link? not heard of such a thing.

Lack of drivers here in the UK

He's being sarcastic about your response, there's a shortage of PlayStation 5's in pretty much every country globally, due to chip shortages and a global pandemic, so nothing remotely close to being due to the UK's European Union status...

Back
Top Bottom