*** Official September 14th Apple Event (18:00 BST) ***

Soldato
The middle one need to be more like 35 or 50. I find the lens on the XR too wide already, the 13 (non pro) only have the ultra wide and wide….both too wide for my liking.
For the middle lens to be 35 or 50 that would mean the wide lens range from 13-35/50. That’s too much for the tiny sensor & lens.

Soldato
I'm just trying to decide whether to go for the Pro as the 12 mini admittedly doesn't have the best battery life. I've gotten so used to the size of the phone now everything else feels pretty bloody massive compared to it.

Soldato
When they make an iPad running full macOS, I’ll be interested.

I don't get why Apple hasn't done this yet, or at least a Macbook with touch screen, think of how all the design types that are still tied into Apple would wet themselves, obviously Microsoft have the Surface range but Apple is missing a trick here, perhaps once all of their stuff is on Apple Silicon they might do it..

Soldato
I don't get why Apple hasn't done this yet, or at least a Macbook with touch screen, think of how all the design types that are still tied into Apple would wet themselves, obviously Microsoft have the Surface range but Apple is missing a trick here, perhaps once all of their stuff is on Apple Silicon they might do it..

That's. A good point

there is no good reason why iPads are stuck with iOS they should be on MacOS

Man of Honour
Think I’ll keep my 11 Pro another year. All I do is WhatsApp, Facebook, browse forums, bank etc. Plus photos of my car and dog which are mainly taken in daylight. I’d like a slightly larger phone but I’ve had this 2 years now and managed fine.

Soldato
Out of interest, is it better pre-ordering via the website or the app to maximise your chances of getting one in the first 'batch' or is there nothing in it?

Soldato
I just hope the 13 pro can take better photos than this

this is a photo taken with my X of the TV showing some white text - the text is not moving, its static and the phone is not moving

Soldato
Out of interest, is it better pre-ordering via the website or the app to maximise your chances of getting one in the first 'batch' or is there nothing in it?
Via the app, you can choose your phone and prepay so you just have click one button at 1pm on Friday. I've used this method on most launches where I have decided to buy a device. I think @Feek uses this method as well

Soldato
Via the app, you can choose your phone and prepay so you just have click one button at 1pm on Friday. I've used this method on most launches where I have decided to buy a device. I think @Feek uses this method as well

Cool thanks, didn't realise you could do that, will do it on the iPad.

Can I open the store app before 1pm and will it auto-update at 1pm or do I need to keep re-opening/refreshing?

Soldato
Also, on the subject of the iPad launches - there are going to be a lot of Air owners annoyed that their premium device which is less than a year old, is now the only one that doesn't support Centre Stage.

Wonder if Apple will launch an updated Air to bring it in line with the other models, much like they screwed over everyone who bought an iPad 3 when they launched the 4 with Lightning only 10 months later.

Soldato
Think I’ll keep my 11 Pro another year. All I do is WhatsApp, Facebook, browse forums, bank etc. Plus photos of my car and dog which are mainly taken in daylight. I’d like a slightly larger phone but I’ve had this 2 years now and managed fine.

Many people have changed their usage habits, I had a feeling that Apple were going to drop the ball with this release and I went and bought a 165 quid Realme 5G.

I am keeping the IPads and will upgrade them, I remain a big ipad fan and remain commited but for the phone and watch I am looking to move away from Apple. I had almost every device since launch, the problems started imho before the pandemic with the battery life on the Watch.

No USBC support for another generation is just a middle finger meme now.

Apples focus on photo and video support in the PR says much about where we are in the IPhones lifecycle honestly, its the main differentiator for most users between the 1000 pound plus IPhone Pro Max and the cheap-as-chips Realme.

Back
Top Bottom