[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

And

And

Associate
Nice work. I keep meaning to spend a few days around Lochs Levan and Linnhe but I'm always on my way either to Skye or for the Corran Ferry.

Associate
Cheers And.

These images were taken during quick pit stops on journey back down to Glasgow from Skye. Couldn't believe how stunning Skye is when the conditions are right.

I had always wanted to see the Corpach wreck and it was pretty much on the way with just a 10 minute detour.
The second shot was when I stopped to get an image of Eileen Donan castle and noticed the canoeist which I thought made a better image.

Just add a bit of time to your journey and go for it as there are loads of good images to be had in both those locations.

And

And

Associate
I'm up to Mull at the weekend and as we usually go the Inverary route I might stop off around one of the lochs if the weather's behaving.

Soldato
That's excellent Tony. What a great scene and lights. I've never been to the 02. What's the best way to get to where you were stood and did you get the tube?

Thank you. It was a 2 pic pano and I thought I over processed it.......

I got the tube to Canary Wharf (Jubilee line towards Stratford, 4 or 5 stops past Waterloo). To be honest I kinda got lost and found the area by accident, but its about 15 minutes from Canary Wharf station.

Thanks again. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my camera. I change this setting, rotate the knob and hope for the best. If it doesn't come out that good I try again until it looks ok.

0eCEuI2.png

I'm sure I was where the circle is. If you come out the station and do a left and follow the road you come to the river. The O2 'should be' the other side of the river.

Last edited:

And

And

Associate
Good shot, maybe a little less sky in there (it's doing nothing) and cropped in a little from the right to balance it better =)

Soldato
Thank you. It was a 2 pic pano and I thought I over processed it.......

I got the tube to Canary Wharf (Jubilee line towards Stratford, 4 or 5 stops past Waterloo). To be honest I kinda got lost and found the area by accident, but its about 15 minutes from Canary Wharf station.

Thanks again. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my camera. I change this setting, rotate the knob and hope for the best. If it doesn't come out that good I try again until it looks ok.

0eCEuI2.png

I'm sure I was where the circle is. If you come out the station and do a left and follow the road you come to the river. The O2 'should be' the other side of the river.

Thanks for that, definitely one for me to visit sometime. I've done Canary Wharf and got a few day time photos but haven't done evening or been to the 02 area yet.

Soldato
I went to Canary Wharf last week, set up my tripod and had left my tripod quick release plate at home so couldn't take any photos. :rolleyes: Went back again on Friday. I went to North Greenwich first which is one tube stop further along from Canary Wharf, walked a few minutes to a bridge overlooking a dual carriageway, climbed the steps and set up on the bridge for a photo. I was also going to visit the same area as Cyclone for the 02 Arena but as the 02 is on my way back to North Greenwich station I thought I might as well set up the tripod again and get a shot of just part of it from the road. I did get lens flare around that large spotlight. And the first shot is at Blackwall Basin at Canary Wharf.

Blackwall Basin, Canary Wharf, London
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

02 Arena, London
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Canary Wharf from Greenwich
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom