What was everyone's 1st pc and game?

Soldato
my first PC was a pre-built from PC World :D:D:D

It was made by Tiny but can't remember any of the specs. Didn't take long before I started swapping parts out before eventually building my own from scratch and then never looked back. :D

first game was Half Life :cool:
I don't think PC world sold Tiny pcs as Tiny were a competitor (just like Time, Mesh or Evesham). PC world were generally Packard Bell, Hewlett Packard & Compaq in that era.

Personally first pc was a zx81 and game was probably manic miner.
First x86 was some 386sx and game was possibly tie fighter? Loong time ago!

Associate
Pong on the ol Atari was first ever, first game no my own computer was on Amstrad CPC464... either Roland on the Ropes or Roland in the caves.. cant remember which one I played first !?!

la cucaracha, la cucaracha..

Associate
I'm not 100% certain which I played first, but mine would have either been the first SimCity or Ultima IV.
Unless you count the Amiga 500 as a PC, then my first game would probably be Defender of the Crown.

Associate
Mine was Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within played on some old office pc back in the late 90's.

That was in the golden era of FMV games..

Last edited:
Soldato
command and conquer was the first PC game i played at a mates, when i got my own PC i cant remember the spec but it was some prebuild Medion guff from a PC retailer. First game i remember playing was Delta Force 2.

Caporegime
First PC was a P133 can't remember exact spec

I also bought a Time prebuilt that was a P200MMX? I was a noob though and didn't realise the difference between integrated and dedicated GPU so it was pretty gash for gaming.

First game I can remember actually playing on my own PC was Kingpin. First game on someone else's PC was Doom.

Soldato
I worked up to a PC. But most played in the early days.

Manic Miner - ZX Spectrum
Carrier Command - Atari ST
EF2000, Wing Commander - PC (16Mhz, 386SX. Them was the days. :cry::cry:)

Last edited:
Soldato
First computer was a BBC Model B (revision 4) which my Dad bought in October 1983. I still have that machine :) No idea what the first game was. We had a few of family computers after that but the most memorable was an Amiga 500. I still have that too.

The first PC I got myself was the one I bought prior to going to Uni in summer 1997 - iirc it was a K6-200 with 16MB and a Matrox Mystique. I bought a Maxi Gamer Voodoo 1 at some point in 98 to go in it. The first game I played on that particular PC might've been Quake, as a couple of mates and I got properly into LAN parties to play quake that summer.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I don't think PC world sold Tiny pcs as Tiny were a competitor (just like Time, Mesh or Evesham). PC world were generally Packard Bell, Hewlett Packard & Compaq in that era.

Personally first pc was a zx81 and game was probably manic miner.
First x86 was some 386sx and game was possibly tie fighter? Loong time ago!

hmm I'm sure it was PC World, although it was a long time ago. It was some generic pc shop anyway hah

Soldato
First computer actually owned was ZX Spectrum 48k and first 2 games were Ant Attak 3D and Atic Atac. First computer bought with own actual money was Amiga A600, we had an Amstrad 286 something before then; Wing Commander was a strong title. First actual PC I built was a 486SX, I think with s3 virge graphics decelerator.

PC gaming properly started with an AMD K6-350 and an nVidia TNT2 Ultra. (maybe a Voodoo 3dfx, things are bit hazy).

Soldato
my first PC was a pre-built from PC World :D:D:D

It was made by Tiny but can't remember any of the specs. Didn't take long before I started swapping parts out before eventually building my own from scratch and then never looked back. :D

first game was Half Life :cool:

Same as me. Mine was a Compaq pc from PC World with an Amd K6-2 450mhz. Then I got to choose a free game so I picked half life which was top of the charts at time. The pc also had a dvd player so they gave a free dvd too. I managed to convince my Mother to let me have Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels which had also just released.

Good times!.

Associate
Commodore 64 and The Hobbit :D.

AMD Duron 800, initially came with an 8mb ATI Rage gpu but quickly upgraded to a Hercules 3d Prophet 4500 to play Vampire the masquerade: Redemption :cool:.

Associate
Sadly didn’t have a PC when I was younger but the very first game I played on was the Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red. I remember not being able to leave the house when I first picked up the game :cry:

Soldato
Windows PC - Pentium II 333mhz in 1998 (I think). Bought from Tempo. Immediately threw in a Voodoo 2
Game was Kingpin and so began the slow descent into massive phone bills and Wireplay.

Started out on Spectrum +2 128k (built in tape deck cos its fancy) back in 1985?. I think it was Oh Mummy! that came with it and I still remember the tune as you played.

Soldato
First pc and games:

ZX81 and a game I wrote myself.

BBC model B and elite (loved that game)

Sharp MZ80k - a game I coded sort of a bit like defender.

486 pc and command and conquer

Happy memories

Back
Top Bottom