Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
I'll probably go with the 45mm cellular stainless steel again. Up until the series 6, I've always had the aluminium one but I ended up swapping that for SS with the 6 and I like it.

Soldato
Yes, deffo getting one when they land, my Series 3 was only an intro to see how I got on with it, the improvements between the 3 and the 7 should make it more than an acceptable upgrade..

Soldato
Yes, deffo getting one when they land, my Series 3 was only an intro to see how I got on with it, the improvements between the 3 and the 7 should make it more than an acceptable upgrade..

I was thinking the same but with them continuing to sell the S3, I don’t think I’ll bother. I’ll stick with it for another year then upgrade when they make it obsolete.

Associate
Currently with a 44mm S4 but think I’ll get the 41mm S7. Not bothered about cellular.

Having looked at the colours a bit more I might spend a bit more and go with the Space Grey Titanium version.

Soldato
Hard to use in what way?
Does it not work as it always has done?

The non-cellular versions of the Series 3 won't update without a complete wipe and restore - and it's a really slow process. I read that Apple were going to fix that, but my Series 3 still won't accept the last update, despite my removing every single app that I'm able to delete and all the music.

Commissario
OP
I read that Apple were going to fix that, but my Series 3 still won't accept the last update, despite my removing every single app that I'm able to delete and all the music.
I think it's fixed with the new watchOS.

I was really surprised to see they're still selling the series 3 now - I expected that one to finally be pensioned off.

Soldato
I think it's fixed with the new watchOS.

I was really surprised to see they're still selling the series 3 now - I expected that one to finally be pensioned off.

It's a perfectly usable watch except for the update problems. It sounds like I'll have to go through another - perhaps final - wipe/restore to get to the latest watchOS then.

Soldato
The non-cellular versions of the Series 3 won't update without a complete wipe and restore - and it's a really slow process. I read that Apple were going to fix that, but my Series 3 still won't accept the last update, despite my removing every single app that I'm able to delete and all the music.

Ahh yes, I had that a few months back, in which case yes, I agree its a PITA...

Soldato
Is there any indication when 'later in the fall' might be?
I’m wondering this too. But if it was October for example they would still have said a general October date, so I’m expecting mid/late November, which sucks for me as I’ve already been waiting 4+ months in anticipation of my first Apple Watch (cellular) which I want to use for running.

Soldato
I’m wondering this too. But if it was October for example they would still have said a general October date, so I’m expecting mid/late November, which sucks for me as I’ve already been waiting 4+ months in anticipation of my first Apple Watch (cellular) which I want to use for running.

Can someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve got a cellular watch but when I try to play music that isn’t downloaded to the watch I can only play it from the play lists I’ve selected on the phone. I can’t just steam music or podcasts to the watch. Its annoying.

I also find when I’m out running I don’t really care, well outright just completely ignore any messages/emails anyway. So cellular is kind of pointless to me as any other time I’d have my phone.

Back
Top Bottom