• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Man of Honour
The 3080 and lower are still being scalped so it's probably still for the best to keep it 1pc per customer why would you need another to upgrade we are still currently on the same gen ?
Agreed, all the FE cards sell out so there's no need to open it up yet. The fact people might want an upgrade, or a card for a second machine etc doesn't change the fact that they are still too easy to flip. MAYBE you could make a case for having the 3090/3080ti opened up.

I want a 3080, but I used to own a 3090 so I accept I may need to wait a while.

Associate
3090 received today, opened and promptly stuffed back into its box for a return.

The fins next to the upper fan have corrosion under the paint coating so the finish is coming off along the edges, revealing dusty white bare metal. Looks a right mess.

RMA process started. Pretty disappointed.

Soldato
3090 received today, opened and promptly stuffed back into its box for a return.

The fins next to the upper fan have corrosion under the paint coating so the finish is coming off along the edges, revealing dusty white bare metal. Looks a right mess.

Sorry to hear man. Hope it gets sorted.

Soldato

Oh no. Well rumours are they have cards in the warehouse for immediate replacement.

I should check mine. I just plugged it right in. Corrosion starts small and spreads.

You got a photo?

Associate
Got a few photos, will figure out how to post.

To be fair to the retailer. Spoke to them at 6.30pm, took maybe 5 mins to get through to speak to a human.

RMA accepted. Collection already booked for tomorrow.see how long it takes for them to send a replacement….
Not their fault as it is a sealed box, pretty poor qc from nvidia, spotted the paint flaking within 10 seconds of opening the box.

Ok I lie, 10 seconds was just staring, thinking wowzers it’s huge. 12 seconds later it was “that doesn’t look right”

Back
Top Bottom