• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Meh. Just ordered a WD SN850 2TB off another site that apparently comes with a free heatsink. Really need one as the stock storage is shockingly small especially with my sons few games on there.

Soldato
I used my 1tb SN850 without a heatsink for the beta and had no issues. I have a small heatsink I might fit on it see if it makes any difference but as I had no issues without I doubt it will.

Associate
I bought wd 2tb sn850,was gonna get the 1tb,but saw i could get the 2tb for £330 payable in 5 payments of £66.60.
Got the ek-m.2 heatsink,it was a pain getting the clips into place on the heatsink,but managed it in the end.

Soldato
PS5 has two small negative air channels. It relies on the fan drawing air over the channels to cool the ssd. It’s not the greatest of solutions so can see why a heatsink is recommended.

Soldato
Had my PS5 since April. Never been happy with the fan noise.

Even sent away to Sony support and was returned with no fault found.

The fan just doesn't sound right for a brand new console. Never been happy with it since the first power on.

It currently has a 17 blade fan inside.

Just ordered off eBay the 23 blade internal fan to swap it over. At a cost of £78.

Hopefully it's an improvement.

Associate
I bought wd 2tb sn850,was gonna get the 1tb,but saw i could get the 2tb for £330 payable in 5 payments of £66.60.
Got the ek-m.2 heatsink,it was a pain getting the clips into place on the heatsink,but managed it in the end.

Ouch, thats nearly the price of a 2nd PS5.
Ive had to have a word with myself at checkout, as yet again, I was about to buy something I didnt need just because I could!
I think that with the price of PS5 digital games, Im not going to bother with extra storage, as I will mainly be buying discs at lower prices. I will probably only use the storage for saves and ps plus games, which I will just delete and redownload. Maybe in a few years when/if the prices are cheaper

Caporegime
Ouch, thats nearly the price of a 2nd PS5.
Ive had to have a word with myself at checkout, as yet again, I was about to buy something I didnt need just because I could!
I think that with the price of PS5 digital games, Im not going to bother with extra storage, as I will mainly be buying discs at lower prices. I will probably only use the storage for saves and ps plus games, which I will just delete and redownload. Maybe in a few years when/if the prices are cheaper

I just get a 4TB HDD for about £70 then move games i am not playing to that. Takes a few mins, may be 20 for a large game?

I am not a big gamer so waiting doesn't bother me. If a game is like 500G and I have 2 on the go and need more internally then will re-evaluate again then.

Associate
I just get a 4TB HDD for about £70 then move games i am not playing to that. Takes a few mins, may be 20 for a large game?

I am not a big gamer so waiting doesn't bother me. If a game is like 500G and I have 2 on the go and need more internally then will re-evaluate again then.

An external? thats just for ps4 games though. For just storage, you are still going to have to transfer stuff to make room to transfer another game back, I think it wont be much quicker than just deleting and redownloading. I cant play 2 games at the same time anyway, I keep pressing the wrong buttons in both.
Anyway, I wont be paying 70 quids for digital versions of anything, I hated paying 50+ on ps4, but did. That wont be happening on ps5, discs only for me now, 2nd hand or discounted

Caporegime
An external? thats just for ps4 games though. For just storage, you are still going to have to transfer stuff to make room to transfer another game back, I think it wont be much quicker than just deleting and redownloading. I cant play 2 games at the same time anyway, I keep pressing the wrong buttons in both.
Anyway, I wont be paying 70 quids for digital versions of anything, I hated paying 50+ on ps4, but did. That wont be happening on ps5, discs only for me now, 2nd hand or discounted

Yes, I move it back and forth. It can take hours for me to download a game off the server so it's much faster just to move it.

Associate
Yes. As the disc isn't fast enough to load the data when needed. So it needs to all go on the ssd.
Yes, obviously I know this, but me only playing one game at a time negates this problem, I see it only being an issue if my game purchases are digital.
I currently have 6 games installed, Im only playing one of them, have some room left for another, I really dont need an nvme, I still want one though :cry:

Associate
Had my PS5 since April. Never been happy with the fan noise.

Even sent away to Sony support and was returned with no fault found.

The fan just doesn't sound right for a brand new console. Never been happy with it since the first power on.

It currently has a 17 blade fan inside.

Just ordered off eBay the 23 blade internal fan to swap it over. At a cost of £78.

Hopefully it's an improvement.

What's up with the fan? Is it loud or?

Back
Top Bottom