Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
The 18 hour estimate has always seemed quite conservative to me - I put my watch on charge when I get in the shower in the morning and it's charged by the time I get out. Twelve hours later it's normally around 60%.

Soldato
Thinking about an update to my series 3 which is getting a it long in the tooth now and the battery life is quite poor.

Genuine question, why is there so much love for the cellular version? I’m just not my really sure why you’d want to spend £100 and then £10 a month for the benefit of not carrying a phone but still having a phone on you for those odd occasions.

Soldato
Genuine question, why is there so much love for the cellular version? I’m just not my really sure why you’d want to spend £100 and then £10 a month for the benefit of not carrying a phone but still having a phone on you for those odd occasions.

I haven't noticed that much love for the cellular version. I guess people buy it if they see a use. Like you, I wouldn't spend a scandalous +£100 on the watch and then a few quid a month for a feature I'd rarely use. If there was no ongoing cost I'd probably eat the £100 just for the convenience. I do go running with my watch, so it would be occasionally useful if I needed to take a call or read a message.

Soldato
Out of 20 people that could be bothered to vote, hardly conclusive lol...

Was there any need for that, I never said it was conclusive. :rolleyes:

I asked why the love for the cellular from those who voted, the cellular version has just never appealed to me because of the upfront and ongoing costs giving a fairly niche benefit.

Caporegime
Was there any need for that, I never said it was conclusive. :rolleyes:

I asked why the love for the cellular from those who voted, the cellular version has just never appealed to me because of the upfront and ongoing costs giving a fairly niche benefit.

I can't see the point of an always connected watch myself, infact I have all notifications turned off on my current watch. We're far too 'connected' as it is without two devices on our bodies buzzing us. I can't see many reasons for cellular apart from some extreme sport reasons, but your probably have a specific watch for that and not an apple watch.

Soldato
Can the people of Apple watch Series 6 give real life battery life? I love Apple gear but I had a Series 4 Watch and the battery life didn't last 12 hours. Apple said the device was functioning as it should!

Wanting to get a 7 but would like some assurances I'm not walking into the same trap

Commissario
OP
Can the people of Apple watch Series 6 give real life battery life? I love Apple gear but I had a Series 4 Watch and the battery life didn't last 12 hours. Apple said the device was functioning as it should!

The 18 hour estimate has always seemed quite conservative to me - I put my watch on charge when I get in the shower in the morning and it's charged by the time I get out. Twelve hours later it's normally around 60%.

I get a lot of notifications during the day.

Soldato
Battery life is wholly dependent on how ‘active’ you are. Running the sensors and GPS for long periods (and associated screen on time) is what takes the power.

Soldato
The series 6 (and thus I’m assuming 7 as well) has much better life than the 4 does, particularly with battery age degradation.

My wife and I usually go walking/running most days for an hour or 2. When we get back, hers has 70-80% battery left, yet mine is at 20-40%.

Back
Top Bottom