Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Associate
iPhone 13 Pro 256Gb in Graphite pre-ordered on the 24 month 0% APR pre approval thingy. I still have my old iPhone 12 Pro Max that im paying for monthly still and still have another year to run on that. Do I just leave it or just pay it off ? Im thinking just leave it as it is 0% APR anyways.

Soldato
iPhone 13 Pro 256Gb in Graphite pre-ordered on the 24 month 0% APR pre approval thingy. I still have my old iPhone 12 Pro Max that im paying for monthly still and still have another year to run on that. Do I just leave it or just pay it off ? Im thinking just leave it as it is 0% APR anyways.

why didnt you trade the 12 pro max in and they take it off your loan

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well its time to retire my iPhone 10 XS Max, dropped several times, cracked screen and top of half screen not touch registering.

Placed my interest in the 13 Pro Max graphite 512G, so guess I be joining the mad rush at 1pm on Friday.

Soldato
Having got myself all angry over Apple's CSAM plans and swearing I'd never touch another Apple product again, I am prepared to eat humble pie and have pre-ordered a Graphite 13 Pro 256Gb.

While I don't entirely believe the on-device scanning is dead and buried, I am willing to hope that Apple change it significantly when it rears its head again. If not, I can always just flog my 13 Pro :p

After selling my iPhone 12 (which I'd always intended to keep for only a year) I tried a Galaxy S21 Ultra and was shocked at how janky it was, how bulky and how blurred were the camera shots of moving subjects. It's only a year ago that I owned various Androids, so I guess time with iOS shows how much optimisation Android still needs. It also seemed like I had to sign into a zillion different things, all with separate privacy notices that left me wondering where my data was going. I didn't get on with the Galaxy Watch 4 either, while I like the Apple Watch very much.

The 13 Pro is pretty much everything I've wanted in a phone for years, now that it has 120Hz. The size is perfect, and though I don't much like the squared off edges for comfort, they aren't terrible. Doubtless I'll be paying for a second Pro when my wife gets her eye on mine, though she says she's happy with her 12 Mini.

Caporegime
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but trying to upgrade my mums iPhone XS Max and it just will not go past the card authentication part. It keeps saying could not authenticate the card etc.
I’ve made sure I’ve got all her details correct, in fact I’ve done it through the Apple Store app on her phone and also tried via the website but just will not work.
She has a Lloyds bank account and has had it for over 30 years now. And her visa debit card details are all correct and I’ve checked her banking details ie phone numbers and address within the Lloyds banking app.

So not sure why it won’t authenticate the card and keeps asking to make sure her phone number is correct when it is!!!

Soldato
The camera upgrades from a XS will be a lot better, but if you don’t use the camera much I suppose maybe it’s not worth it.
Definitely not worth £1k for camera tweaks (imo), the XS max camera is still brilliant. I don't think this release is worth being called an S never mind a full number increment.

The fact they're being offered with 0% finance at launch says it all. Also having phones at multiple price points suggests that people were getting sick of the price tag. I think I'd consider getting the basic model in the future as the 'pro' features are not really worth the extra unless you have to have the best tech. Maybe I am just getting older lol.. I'd rather drop 1k on a laptop - I recently got an M1 macbook air and that felt like significantly better value for money than a phone.

Associate
I hope this isnt a dumb question. I need a new phone and was looking at getting the 12, with yesterday's reveal should I just get the 13 or is it not really much of an improvement?

Soldato
For the sake of £50 I would definitely go with the 13.

It’s £100 difference according to Apple’s website. I think the 13 is a really lacklustre update of the 12, but the extra base storage and other incremental improvements probably make it worth the extra.

Soldato
It’s £100 difference according to Apple’s website. I think the 13 is a really lacklustre update of the 12, but the extra base storage and other incremental improvements probably make it worth the extra.

I was comparing 128GB to 128GB then it's £50. I think 64GB is too small for most people if they're keeping their phones for a while.

Associate
13PM 256GB in Graphite for me...have enjoyed my 12PM over the past 10 months, but seeing as how I'm paying £50/mth now, and will 'only' have to pay £48/mth for the new phone, it was a no-brainer for me. Paying less for a 'better' phone is a winning combination!

Soldato
Would be less tempted, but need an excuse to buy myself out of my 3 contract so I can actually get signal again. Currently have a 12 Pro in graphite - was thinking of going silver (white) for a change otherwise it will basically be the same phone…

Soldato
13PM 256GB in Graphite for me...have enjoyed my 12PM over the past 10 months, but seeing as how I'm paying £50/mth now, and will 'only' have to pay £48/mth for the new phone, it was a no-brainer for me. Paying less for a 'better' phone is a winning combination!

but you have extended your loan over al onger period i guess?+

Back
Top Bottom