*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
OP
Probably the original, BFV took that to a whole new level, promised features cancelled long after release such as medics dragging players, they could get it to work in bf3 single player but not bfv multi for some reason. Customisation options for vehicles being mia well after the game had been out for a year, visibility issues being prevelant and weren't ever really fixed. The real joke is they allegedly delayed bfv by a month to "fix some issues", the game was released a minimum of 6 months early at least.

Thats par for the course with these games, EA want them out the door for Christmas season state of the game be damned, doesn't help when EA claimed that Dice were not just ahead of schedule, but WAY ahead of schedule yet somehow aren't even able to announce a date for a demo version.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...edule-supports-more-players-than-ever-before/

I think they should announce release dates once the game is done.

Caporegime
DICE/EA both know that if this releases in a broken state or/and doesn't deliver, it will be the final nail in the coffin for the battlefield franchise (hence why they have got all hands on this now, which in it's own way could be a recipe for a disaster, too many cooks.....) so they would be silly to not delay it.

Personally can't say I'm that bothered at all, not as interested in fps mp these days so in no rush at all.

Caporegime
Wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back and was still a mess on release, for maximum lol'ness.

Yup bfv got "delayed" by a month for all the difference that made to the game. The demo of that was in a pretty bad state and ea being ea refused to have their Christmas circle jerk ruined so slapped a paltry 1 month delay on it so it would still launch for Christmas, missing a load of features.

Soldato
All I can think is, why do devs never carry fixes over from the previous game release. I see it time and time again both in and out of the industry. Nope they have to be discovered again for them to look at it.

Caporegime
All I can think is, why do devs never carry fixes over from the previous game release. I see it time and time again both in and out of the industry. Nope they have to be discovered again for them to look at it.

They're idiots, it's like they don't learn any lessons from previous games and preemptively sort them so it's not an issue in the next version. How often was grenade spam moaned about in previous games yet the next game brought back the same issue that had to be complained about before it was addressed?

Every game seems to be a blank slate and everything learned in the previous game goes out the window, then they go about making the same mistakes over and over. Not to mention the legacy bugs in frostbite that carry over time and time again. Black screening on scoping in, crosshairs not drawing in, among many other issues that have been in the engine for years now.

The engine has been a pain for many ea devs it seems.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/ea-frostbite-engine-history-bioware-ea-sports

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They're idiots, it's like they don't learn any lessons from previous games and preemptively sort them so it's not an issue in the next version. How often was grenade spam moaned about in previous games yet the next game brought back the same issue that had to be complained about before it was addressed?

Every game seems to be a blank slate and everything learned in the previous game goes out the window, then they go about making the same mistakes over and over. Not to mention the legacy bugs in frostbite that carry over time and time again. Black screening on scoping in, crosshairs not drawing in, among many other issues that have been in the engine for years now.

The engine has been a pain for many ea devs it seems.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/ea-frostbite-engine-history-bioware-ea-sports

I remember when people used to attack me for saying precisely this :s

Back
Top Bottom