UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [14th - 16th Sept 2021]

Soldato
Didnt watch for reasons but by all accounts fully deserved. Always risky changing the cbs like that aswell so glad it didnt cost them. If Salah scores that penalty then I imagine Liverpool would have walked it tbh.

Don
Strange game. For all but 5 mins we absolutely dominated the game but we never really created many clear cut chances considering our domination and pressure. Salah's missed pen was coming - despite scoring however many on the spin, so many were fairly scratchy pens. I've no doubt there were loads of our fans complaining about Origi but I thought he was very good today. He really used his physicality today which is something he's not done enough of when given his chances in the past 12 months - he was strong in holding everything up, ran the channels well and done excellently for Salah's goal.

A contrast to what we saw yesterday, I thought Klopp used his subs very well. At 3-2 that had the potential to be a nervy ending but Jones and Thiago coming on just took the sting out of the game and we were able to control the game in possesseion and then Milner coming on to make fouls when they were needed to be made and win them when they were needed to be won.

Soldato
Watched some extended highlights. Whilst I get it isn’t the full 90 but Origi seems to be getting some stick when he looked to play well? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom