Can anyone identify this alien creature?

Soldato
Hi all,

Staying in a holiday rental atm and just noticed this creature from another planet.

I haven’t seen anything like it before and it has appeared on the wall, moving very slowly every so often. It also has a freaky neck/head that it puts away and then extends when it moves.

Do I need to leave and get a refund?

Don
Looks like a silverfish for me in that truely awful photo :p :) Not as bad as bedbugs, but nearly as endemic. Put all of your clothes on a boil wash when you get home and make sure you dont have any visitors in your luggage before you put it away.

Caporegime
Probably an insect larva of some kind.

Looks like the anal burrowing butt beetle perhaps.

Close. But think it more resembles the scrotal pincher weevil.
The anal ones don't look so blurry.

The background could be a close up of a cheek though. So you may be right.

Soldato
Did you not want to get too close to it OP. Not sure how anyone is going to accurately determine what it is with such a bad photo.

Soldato
OP
Lol thanks all, I enjoyed the responses!

In my defence I did crop the photo which I don’t think has helped. I genuinely didn’t think it looked that bad on my iPhone! :cry: That said, it is difficult to get a closeup photo when wearing a hazard suit…

I did take another photo without cropping but this might be as awful lol

I think this is the only serious response and would say that this is correct (apologies if I’ve missed others), thanks!

I use this on my phone to find what bugs are when out and about with work.

Seek by iNaturalist · iNaturalist

I did try this at the time and got what I thought was an incorrect identification. If my photo is that awful then I’m not surprised…

Back
Top Bottom