Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
So if I walk for 90 mins a day is the battery going to last from 6am until 10pm? Previous one was on its arse by 6pm it was ridiculous
I record 2 workouts most work days one of around 45 minutes and the other around 1 and a half to 2 hours long, plus normal day to day usage, notifications etc and I took my watch off charge this morning around 7am and I'm at 34% as I'm typing this now.

Soldato
So if I walk for 90 mins a day is the battery going to last from 6am until 10pm? Previous one was on its arse by 6pm it was ridiculous

Buy direct from Apple and test it out. If the battery isn’t working for you, they give you 14 days to return - no questions asked. Unless you’ve knackered the product during testing, of course.

Soldato
I record 2 workouts most work days one of around 45 minutes and the other around 1 and a half to 2 hours long, plus normal day to day usage, notifications etc and I took my watch off charge this morning around 7am and I'm at 34% as I'm typing this now.
Thanks that’s really helpful.

Buy direct from Apple and test it out. If the battery isn’t working for you, they give you 14 days to return - no questions asked. Unless you’ve knackered the product during testing, of course.
Yep that was my plan, just wanted some real world usage as well.

Commissario
OP
Do you have your phone with you? Do you have a workout running?

I've walked for hours a day with my watch and a walking workout running and never had a battery issue. It depends if you have your phone in your pocket and whether the watch is using its own GPS or not.

Soldato
I have the 5 and the battery isn’t lasting as long as it used to so I’m tempted to upgrade.

don’t expect much. i have had a Watch series 1 through 6 and the 5, 6 have awful battery life and the 7 won’t be any better.

There were rumours of a battery strap for the 7, if apple had done this it would have been a home run.

As it stands, it’s big money for old rope.

You can tell how i feel about Apple at the moment, they are all over the place.

I fully expect this watch to be showing 10% battery mid to late afternoon.

Soldato
don’t expect much. i have had a Watch series 1 through 6 and the 5, 6 have awful battery life and the 7 won’t be any better.

My wife has a Series 5 and wants a Series 7 for her birthday. I told her she can have the watch, but that it'll be £400 for almost zero improvement. The Series 7 has been a real disappointment.

Associate
I do find it interesting how people's experience with battery on Watch is so different. I have a Series 4 (battery health reports 82% capacity) and could easily finish 1 day with over 50% battery left, have sometimes forgotten to charge and gone through to the next evening on the same charge.

I'd say I'd have 1-2 workouts on each day but do have News and Mail notications turn off on the watch. I'd bet wifi / bluetooth signal issues will play a bit part in people's battery life too

Soldato
I do find it interesting how people's experience with battery on Watch is so different. I have a Series 4 (battery health reports 82% capacity) and could easily finish 1 day with over 50% battery left, have sometimes forgotten to charge and gone through to the next evening on the same charge.

The Series 4 has no always on display and that's why your battery is lasting so well.

EDIT - I didn't know you could check the battery health on the Apple Watch. I have now done so for my hand-me-down Series 3, which was bought new and worn every day. The battery health is showing at 100% and the battery hasn't ever been replaced. Go figure.

Commissario
OP
The Series 4 has no always on display and that's why your battery is lasting so well.
Well it's not just that though, is it. See my comments about the battery life on mine. Twelve hours heavy use and typically down to 60%.

How is the battery life on these so terrible when my Garmin Fenix can last 2 weeks, while still doing all (or most) of the same things?
Does it do all (or most) of the same things, really?

Soldato
Well it's not just that though, is it. See my comments about the battery life on mine. Twelve hours heavy use and typically down to 60%.

Does it do all (or most) of the same things, really?

What does the apple watch do that the Fenix doesn't?

(Not a loaded question, as someone whos never used an Apple watch, I just really assume it does the same sort of thing as most smart watches)

Soldato
my missus runs a series 4 and she never complains about the battery life.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the additional features introduced with the 5 also sap the battery.

Any comparison needs to be apples for apples though, my 5 and 6 were both GPS and SIM enabled models. I would a suspect that the non-Sim models have better battery.

Soldato
The only issue I have with the Series 3 and its battery, I came from a SteelHR which would last near a month.
I tend to give my Series 3 a quick charge in a morning when I'm getting ready for work, when I have a shower (easier to take it off and charge it than to clear the water out from under my case), when I have a poop, so the Series 7 charging a bit faster just works better for me even if the overall battery life isn't improved.

Caporegime
Got a S5 44mm and tempted for the 7 45mm due to bigger screen and i have some wellness account at work than i can use to buy this.

Apple trade in is £125 for my S5 44mm but not sure how many chips on screen they accept?

Back
Top Bottom