What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Malignant.

This is one of those dreadful James Wan movies that make you say 'Well at least it's not one of those dreadful James Wan movies!' until 20 minutes in, when you realise it is one of those dreadful James Wan movies.

The entire thing is a mess. Acting is atrociously overdone. Music is stale, repetitive, and over-used. Plot holes are more like plot valleys. Production values are spotty. Pacing is horrendous. At times I felt like I was watching a 1980s B grade horror.

Malignant was a commercial failure, grossing just $17 million against a budget of $40 million. May God have mercy upon the souls of every person responsible for this shambolic effort.

I rate Malignant at 33.3 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a humiliating 1/10 on IMDB.

Caporegime
Schumacher

Netflix's very much authorised biopic of Michael Schumacher provides a compelling insight into the personal life of the racing legend, but makes little or no attempt at balance. For an F1 fan like me it's a interesting and enjoyable watch but some weird writing decisions leave out major parts of the story they are telling in a way which I think would be extremely hard to follow for non-fans, or fans not familiar with the era. (The film is also being discussed in its own thread here).

For F1 fans, a watchable 7/10, or anyone else a missable 4/10.

Soldato
Malignant.

This is one of those dreadful James Wan movies that make you say 'Well at least it's not one of those dreadful James Wan movies!' until 20 minutes in, when you realise it is one of those dreadful James Wan movies.

The entire thing is a mess. Acting is atrociously overdone. Music is stale, repetitive, and over-used. Plot holes are more like plot valleys. Production values are spotty. Pacing is horrendous. At times I felt like I was watching a 1980s B grade horror.

Malignant was a commercial failure, grossing just $17 million against a budget of $40 million. May God have mercy upon the souls of every person responsible for this shambolic effort.

I rate Malignant at 33.3 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a humiliating 1/10 on IMDB.

That doesn't give us much wiggle room on the score as I thought it was far far better than Candyman :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Nobody - 8/10

Not going to win any Oscars, but if you like brain in neutral/beer and a dog movies like Shoot 'em Up or Crank then this fits the mould nicely.

Only problem is, Bod Odenkirk is so typecast as Saul in Breaking Bad and the spin off, it's hard to see him as a different character. And my god, Christopher Lloyd and Michael Ironside look ancient (then, CL looked old in Back To The Future!).

Soldato
The Green Knight - This will leave you thinking and researching the myth for sure, the trailer and description do it no justice and i'd have passed on it for not a few posters here mentioning it. Comes across somewhat hastily finished or that could just be down to its rather low budget but seeing past that there is a gem of a film here with some great scenes and cinematography. Certain bits reminded me of The Fall in its story telling.

Soldato
Only problem is, Bod Odenkirk is so typecast as Saul in Breaking Bad and the spin off, it's hard to see him as a different character.

Okay, so you get that that is just one character? Has he been cast as the same character in something else? Tbh, if you struggle with him playing a different character, I think that's a you problem, not a film problem :p (e.g. I had no problem with him)

Soldato
Okay, so you get that that is just one character? Has he been cast as the same character in something else? Tbh, if you struggle with him playing a different character, I think that's a you problem, not a film problem :p (e.g. I had no problem with him)
Hey lighten up chap, this isn't Speakers Corner. I think I can comprehend it's a different character was just commenting to the effect, like Shatner and Nimoy with Star Trek he's a bit typecast in those other roles. As it happens I think he transitioned to the bad@ss tough guy pretty well.

Soldato
Old.

Didnt see the "twist" coming so thats a positive but some of the acting was absolutely woeful. I dont get why they were so calm for the most part aswell then it just goes all bat **** crazy.

Back
Top Bottom