Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad mini thread (it has a USB-C port and everything!) ***

New 2021 iPad mini - Are you getting one?

• Yes, yes I am.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Nope, not this time.

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Me. The home button on my Mini 4 is starting to break and I'm running on 200MB free space out of 16GB. Definitely getting long in the tooth. Might even splash out on the one with cellular connectivity.

Soldato
Me. The home button on my Mini 4 is starting to break and I'm running on 200MB free space out of 16GB. Definitely getting long in the tooth. Might even splash out on the one with cellular connectivity.

I didn’t get cellular on my iPad and regret it almost every day. It’s super easy to connect to your phone but I’d just prefer if I had that option.

Soldato
I had been thinking of getting an ipad mini when it got updated then went and looked at the price for a wifi+cellular model with a 'reasonable' amount of storage, so the base is out like usual.
£937.... seriously how much..... yes I've added the case and the (overpriced) pencil but still that's just stupid for a companion device.

Associate
OP
It’s nice to see the mini FINALLY getting a design refresh. I am so tempted by it. I agree with the post above though, the bezels could have been a bit smaller.

Soldato
No price increase in the US but there is in other regions?

Looks expensive to me compared to before but I might sell my Mini 5, Apple Pencil Gen 1 and get this.

Soldato
Our IPad 4 lasted this long since new. Definitely time to get a new one as the 4 doesn’t charge and it’s pretty much battered due to the child.

The mini it is.

Soldato
I find it weird that the mini has much better specs and a USB-C port while the regular iPad doesn't.

I wanted to get the regular one for Game Pass on the go (amongst other things) as the mini is a bit small for that.
Apple really wants you to buy the air or the pro if you want a 'larger display', the base iPad is just there to get people into the iOS ecosystem by using the lower price as it's main selling point, we all know it could do with being better spec'd.

Back
Top Bottom