Barrymore: The body in the pool

Soldato
This TV documentary was shown last night, about Stuart Lubbock, who died at Barrymore’s house in Essex, he was found in the pool while attending a party.
An ambulance was called circa 05.00, but he wasn’t pronounced dead until around 08.00.
I didn’t watch it, but my wife did, she wondered that if Lubbock was pulled from the pool dead, could a paramedic not have pronounced him dead, or did he have to be conveyed to a hospital and have death certified by a doctor?
I thought that in the event of sudden death, the police were called, who in turn summoned a pathologist, but maybe I watch too much TV.

Yes, a paramedic can make a decision on Recognition Of Life Extinct (ROLE).

Soldato
Sadly Stuart Lubbock's father has passed away without finding out what happened to his son.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-58571515

Is this still going? Wow. I thought it was dealt with years ago but shows how much attention I paid at the time. If reading this thread is correct he did know what happened to his son, just not the wider circumstances of who did it and why. The "what" seems to be agreed on what my old teacher would refer to as "some sort of back-side attack" by a lengthy object perhaps not suited to the task, which may or may not have been painful depending on whether he was drugged up or not, the former seeming plausible from the comments I read. This was then followed by drowning? (SFAIK he did actually drown right?) The unknown seems to be which object(s) were used. Wider questions of whether it was voluntary, consensual or the like and who partook seem to be unknown. Short of a signed confession it seems we will never know these details. I'm not sure why that needs a programme in 2021 if there's no new information to share. It would seem from the comments that watching this is not worth the time?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Essex Police failed to call a witness from Princess Alexandra Hospital, a member of the medical team who attempted resuscitation for an hour, and who was responsible for monitoring Lubbock’s temperature with a rectal thermometer. The medical professional provided a sworn statement that there were no injuries to Lubbock's anus at the time of admission. This has been taken as evidence that the injuries were inflicted to Lubbock's unguarded body in the seven hours between being declared dead and the post mortem being carried out.

So either the medical professional lied or some shenanigans went on. Sad times :(

Back
Top Bottom