When you order a takeaway for pick up…

Permabanned
The other night I ordered fish n chips from an Indian run chip shop. yeah boggles the mind it's usually the Italians huh?
He came to the door and was handing me two bags, as in my order and someone elses order, curse me for being too honest and going emm I only ordered the one meal...The guy to be fair couldn't even speak English.

Soldato
I've never understood ordering for collection myself, well unless you're really tight with the money?
Just pay for it to come to your door job done.
I used to work with a woman who told me off for ordering a portion of chips with a take away while I would have a bag of them in the freezer...It's just no the same though is it? If I wanted to cook I would have lol

Not everywhere do deliveries and sometimes it's quicker than wait for them to deliver it, especially if you live nearby. Also short walk makes you feel better about eating fried stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
I suppose, I was only posting for something to say I think lol :)
I do sit there after a hard day and think, hmm turn the oven on and wait for it to heat up and bung something in or takeaway...and more often than not those are the nights the delivery driver gets lost for 30mins and couldn't find me.

I suppose, I was only posting for something to say I think lol :)
I do sit there after a hard day and think, hmm turn the oven on and wait for it to heat up and bung something in or takeaway...and more often than not those are the nights the delivery driver gets lost for 30mins and couldn't find me.

yep. and then instead of just waiting 40 odd minutes for dinner in the oven, it's now 1.5 hours and you get cold old food that costs 5 x as much.

too many times has that happened to me.

Soldato
I've never understood ordering for collection myself, well unless you're really tight with the money?
Just pay for it to come to your door job done.
I used to work with a woman who told me off for ordering a portion of chips with a take away while I would have a bag of them in the freezer...It's just no the same though is it? If I wanted to cook I would have lol

I used to order for collection all the time. Often when coming back from football and I would be passing the restaurant/takeaway. so order before starting my motorcycle and it's ready by the time I get there.

Ordering and collecting is nearly always quicker, as waiting times for deliveries tend to be a blanket 45mins or more, as they group your orders with a bunch of others then the driver goes for a scenic drive and your food is Luke-warm.

Other times, ordering form my local Thai, it was only a 5 min walk, so made no sense in paying extra for delivery. Get out and get a bit of fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom