NFL 2021 Season

Associate
Well the usual expectations from the Lions with our first loss but after going down massively we did pull back to within a score (sort of). Could have been worse. On a brighter note everyone in NFC North lost so its still a 0-1 but at least its still even in the division. Packers up next so Goff vs Rodgers...

Commissario
What a win for Washington this morning, we missed a field goal to win by one in the final seconds of the game but the Giants defence got a flag. We got a second bite at the cherry and won 30-29. :D:D:D:D

Hail to the Redskins!!

Soldato
OP
Old habits are hard to break. Can we say #HTTR instead?

It was an odd game. I'm a little concerned our D didn't perform better, given that's what carried us so far last year. I'm happy with the O though. It's a shame about Fitzmagic, but at the same time, I was comfortable with Heinicke based on what we saw last year. I think there's a chance he actually develops into a solid starter.

Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong. I've been following the NFL since 1985 and I never knew this until today.
Ive just noticed a change in the NFL overtime rules, if I sound a bit ignorant then please forgive me as I didn't know, I always assumed NFL regular season games that go into overtime were sudden death, first team to score wins.

If I can get my head around this, perhaps someone can enlighten me.

The 'new' NFL overtime rules are:

Each team gets 1 possession each unless a touchdown is scored on the first possession in overtime.

First possession in overtime is decided by a coin toss which I thought was always the case anyway.

Overtime is limited to 15 minutes, if the scores are equal at the end of that then the game is declared a tie.

I would assume in that 15-minute period both sides score a field goal each in their first possessions, then the first team to score points wins the game before the 15 minutes is up.

My other question is this. This change happened some time ago. I assumed it was 2010 if I read the NFL rulebook right?

Soldato
For regular season it’s a 10 minute period. In playoffs the game continues until there is a winner.

Automatically can win if initial receiving team gets a touchdown or the initial kicking team gets a safety.

If the initial receiving team does not score any points on its first play then first scoring team wins by any means.

If the initial receiving team scores a field goal the other team gets the opportunity to possess the ball. A touchdown wins the game. A field goal it moves to sudden death and next team scoring after the previous 2 field goals wins. No score by the team and the initial receiving team wins. If the 2nd receiving team fumbles or is intercepted the down continues, if possession is regained then their possession continues.

Teams get 2 timeouts in regular season OT, 3 timeouts per “half” in post season OT.

Soldato
Impressive win again for the Bills, second shutout of the season and second largest margin of victory ever. The defence were immense and kept the Texans to 4 yards in the first half! Nice bit of momentum leading into the big one next weekend against the Chiefs. :D

Soldato
poor show from the rams last night, not sure what it is with decent defences this season (washington, miami, rams) but their not up to last years standard at the moment.

added to that we seem to have an issue like the browns (baker & obj) where stafford seems to be trying to get jackson into the game on the long routes when he shouldn't.

not saying the cards didn't deserve the win, but they had a lot of help from the rams :(.

hopefully it will get the rams to realise they still have work to do, and its still early enough in the season to help.

Soldato
Jets win! Don’t get to say that very often at the moment!

Not sure that the falcons are going to let the Jets continue their winning streak mind you. I’ll be wearing my Sanchez shirt in Tottenham just in case!

Soldato
Still a Bengals fan, the ginger stepchild of the NFL. Quite enjoying our record this season, just hoping our first choice players stay fit until at least Xmas. Lot of injuries across a lot of teams again this season.

Back
Top Bottom