Note 20 Ultra or S21 Plus?

Associate
Hey all,
I'm looking in upgrading my phone well actually I might buy the phone outright and then get a sim only deal.
I want to go with a bigger screen can't decide on which one to go for the Note 20 Ultra or S21 Plus what are your opinions? I am a app monster specifically on productivity apps and media streaming on my commute would love to know your thoughts and why Thank you.

Update: I currently am running a Samsung S10

Soldato
The Note 20 Ultra is the better phone but is gimped by having a bad Exynos SoC which will affect battery life and might throttle if you game a lot.

The S21+ has a newer and better variant of the Exynos SoC, but the phone itself was designed to play second fiddle to the S21 Ultra.

Associate
OP
The Note 20 Ultra is the better phone but is gimped by having a bad Exynos SoC which will affect battery life and might throttle if you game a lot.

The S21+ has a newer and better variant of the Exynos SoC, but the phone itself was designed to play second fiddle to the S21 Ultra.

Thanks I just looked into the Ultra I had no idea it was a large screen thought it was just faster and improved camera so that is also on the table for another option.

Soldato
I didn’t get on with the S21 Ultra, but lots of people do. It’s the cream of the current Samsung crop, but it’s in the second half of its life cycle so don’t pay RRP for one. Wait for a sale and try to get a 10pc off referral code. I bought such a code from eBay for less than a fiver.

Associate
OP
So now my choices are between the Note 20 Ultra and the S21 Ultra 256gb.
With the s21 Ultra I seem to get a better offer paying monthly than buying out a phone and sim separate for £1,517 which is how much will cost by the end of the two years.
They also offered me the 128gb for the cost over two years for £1,415.
With the Note 20 Ultra it works out cheaper to buy the phone separately then the sim that would come to a total of by the end of two years £1,339 in total.
I will also be using a quadlock case on either so I'm not even sure if the case would have a opening to remove the pen on the note.

Unfortunately the S21 ultra is like a 3 week wait in delivery not sure about the Note.

Associate
So now my choices are between the Note 20 Ultra and the S21 Ultra 256gb.
With the s21 Ultra I seem to get a better offer paying monthly than buying out a phone and sim separate for £1,517 which is how much will cost by the end of the two years.
They also offered me the 128gb for the cost over two years for £1,415.
With the Note 20 Ultra it works out cheaper to buy the phone separately then the sim that would come to a total of by the end of two years £1,339 in total.
I will also be using a quadlock case on either so I'm not even sure if the case would have a opening to remove the pen on the note.

Unfortunately the S21 ultra is like a 3 week wait in delivery not sure about the Note.

This all depends then, the S21 Ultra has a slightly better processor and camera but the Note obviously comes with the pen, which could come in handy with any productivity you mention.

Both are brilliant phones and would do anything you want from them.

Soldato
I've had both, get the S21 ultra. It's way ahead of the Note 20 Ultra.
Better screen,
Better CPU,
Better Battery performance.
Better/ Large finger print sensor,
Easier handling over the Notes sharp corners.

And I'm a Note fan, it's just a shame the 20 Note ultra wasn't a better phone :(

Associate
Always been a Note man personally, note 2, note 4 then a note 9 but this time around went for a S21 ultra, partly due to getting £350 trade in for my wifes old S9 and an extra 15% or so in the samsung sale back at the end of May so cost of the phone (256GB model) was £721 as a reference.

You should be able to find a 10% off code on twitter. Have you checked trade in at Samsung - they may well offer up a minimum of £100 trading in any old rubbish you have in a drawer, doesn't need to work potentially.

Back
Top Bottom