What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
Not sure of the kind of ladies you hang out with but I'd say there is an equal mix of dainty little things and larger watches now. Take a look at Daniel Wellington and they have lots of 40mm watches for women.

They are "oversized" so purposely not meant to be proportional.
Yes, oversizing is largely a fashion watch fad which looks terrible and watches that do not look proportional in size to the wrist wearing them generally look very odd, especially on women who have slim wrists. It is not an elegant look.

Last edited:
Soldato
She’s 6ft tall so a big watch doesn’t look out of place tbf. The 28mm she inherited from her mum looks unusually small by comparison, even to a 36mm. Fashions do change... but they also come and go.

Have seen a few petit women wearing GMTs and submariners and looks good, though those are more casual watches, just not sure the larger size works with a “datejust”.

Associate
Had this Marloe Morar Beacon for a few months now. Was a gift from my wife for my birthday.

Not been wearing much else, even to work.

I love looking at it from any angle. Highlights for me though are, the minute and hour hands. Don't know why, just really like the shape. Bezel from the side and the insanely bright lume.

Wife made a great choice of colour and a cool serial number - 0123

20210915-182208.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my A100 in the post today. It’s a lot smaller than the pictures make it out. Very comfy to wear ! And extremely lightweight ! Finding out how to resize the band was a bit of a pain (I assume this band is the default metal band on all cheap Casio’s!) for £57, it’s a great buy. Sort of wish I had gone for the plain steel coloured version, but prefer the neg display.

Soldato
Had this Marloe Morar Beacon for a few months now. Was a gift from my wife for my birthday.

Not been wearing much else, even to work.

I love looking at it from any angle. Highlights for me though are, the minute and hour hands. Don't know why, just really like the shape. Bezel from the side and the insanely bright lume.

Wife made a great choice of colour and a cool serial number - 0123
20210914-153458.jpg
Maybe you can ask your wife for a new camera for your next purchase :o

Back
Top Bottom