Purchasing Land (Farmer)

Associate
Doesn't mean the farmer will be willing to let it go at a low/normal price - that there is demand there alone (in this case the OP) potentially gives it a value above the impacted value due to considerations like tree preservation orders, etc.

Yes, but he was the only one showing an interest in buying it so it's not like he was competing with anyone else. If the OP is happy with the purchase then that is all that matters.

Man of Honour
Yes, but he was the only one showing an interest in buying it so it's not like he was competing with anyone else. If the OP is happy with the purchase then that is all that matters.

Indeed - I was just a bit surprised as around where I live in the South land is often silly expensive and smaller strips have changed hands for more especially for parking spaces :s

kai

kai

Soldato
OP

The land will make a significant difference to us. The trees are under TPO however this does not stop me fencing around the area or clearing the entire woodland of weeds and brambles. There is also nothing wrong with me putting wild seed mix down or even 100's of lavender plants.

We have our first child on the way. Having a little woodland area in the garden is going be pretty special for a child growing up. This is a significant plot of land (in comparison to the site size) especially for £2K. Even pushing the fence back will be huge as my entire living room extension is glass fronted so its made the view even better :)

Oh, and it looks like the measurement is more around 100+ sqm if i run the fence line down the entire boundary. The measurement i provided was only for the top end ( i made the mistake). The land owner, said that was fine as he had already determined this was the case.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

FYI, just because the trees have a preservation order on them, doesn't mean you can't substantially reduce their height (although you still have to seek permission and arboriculturalists are not cheap, but in my experience permission is usually always granted to reduce the height of overly tall trees).

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Update**

Everything has now been approved by the local authority (this took near 10 weeks). They have agreed that 5M be used to reduce the height of all trees located within the woodland to the rear of my property.

The arborist starts work tomorrow. They will be reducing 6 alder trees down by 5M and fell 2 dead.

Summary to date
  • 8 Alders fell or significant reduction. (£1070)
  • OST land drawings complete for legal (£385) including full survey boundary lines
  • Solicitor starts process this week - land registry, paperwork to current owner etc for singature. (Total £600)
  • Transfer of land agreed price based on OST drawings (ive settled on 106 SQM) (£2,000) total.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
and not one pic of the woodland area - come on op get that sorted! also, well done.
I was just about to say. We need pictures. Maybe a little walk around on your newly acquired land.

I dropped the final paperwork off with the solicitors today. The land owner just now needs to sign and the solicitors to update the land registry.

Please note there is a LOT of work to be done. It's a woodland :D so things are extremely messy at the moment.

Later this year, we will be having some ground work done to remove all the weeds and brambles, and build the land up a little and several ton of bark put down with weed membrane. It's not going to be be manufactured but will have arches leading into the area's, with walk paths and lots of lavender and such.

Current setup

Dead trees cut down this week and 4-5m taken off all alder in the land i am purchasing.

xNz2TLa.png

I have added a blue line to give an indication of the new boundary. I basically take it right up to a small brook.

Qd4xyhz.png

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
nice. lot of work there but that's gonna be awesome when it's finished.

I have been estimated about 4-5 days work

All the fancy stuff like arches leading into the paths etc, will come over time. At the moment its just about making it look presentable and to be included into the house (value) with having a fence around the area.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Update**

This has been a total nightmare. But after perseverance i got the official letters today all deeds have been transferred. Everything was signed back in November. However, following attempts to obtain the Land Registry titles by the solicitor on the day of completion of the transfer, it become apparent that the land that i was are acquiring was held within two separate title numbers. It turned out the original housing developer still held land beyond my fence line.

Long story short, i have been working with all parties and a land survey to update the drawings. The original developer agreed to sell me the land for £1.

This might give a better idea based on the above. All in all i have secured just over 100 sqm for £2,001.

Now i have the fun task of trying to find a reputable landscaper based on my designs to start the work.

Back
Top Bottom