The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Associate
acting like all tech of this niche has launched flawlessly. it'll be resolved after some QC and firmware. until then if you're an early adopter you know the dead pixel/dust lottery you have to play

Associate
Bad construction will never be fixed. We know it from the G9. Same crap. They fixed only the glue for the plastic window and some vrr flickering.

They must be very stupid by using the same case with known issues for the new monitor :D. Koreans should be well educated :D.

Associate
For the price of G9 Neo you could nearly buy AW3821DW + LG C1 48" Oled. Much better choice.

The AOC is also using crappy Samsung panel. And not the newer, faster version. It will have very much black smearing + all other diseases i mentioned.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to send mine back. Not much point having a 240hz screen if forced to keep it at 120 thanks to the scanlines. Shame because aside from that it was awesome. Just not at that price point. My old trusty 27" 144 screen is back and it looks like a 15" screen now. I've been ruined!

HDR was great when viewing youtube vids but outside of that I kept it off because of the washed out colours on the desktop. Don't really have any hdr games anyway and movies are for the big tv.

No mention of the freeby 1tb disk on the call or in sending back docs. Don't want to stuff it in the main box either as it will probably go walkies if they're not expecting it. Did others have to send back and was it listed as a second pickup?!

Associate
Even on youtube it's not great. Nothing you would expect from a good hdr monitor. It looks cheap no pop. Try fald hdr1000+ monitor. There are severals worlds between G9 Neo and it.

They will not send you another label for ssd.

What i have heard it really doesn't matter. For refund the monitor is important. The freebie is a freebie charged with 0 Euros.

You gave for this crap a credit of 2200 Euros over 2 weeks. This compensation looks pretty fair. And it's not your choice. They won't it back. They give you only one label. So what should you do?

Put it in the same box or keep it.

Last edited:
Associate
If a product is broken why do you care about the price, aszx2454g? You could sell me the G9 Neo for 800 GBP i wouldn't buy it for myself. Only for resale, but this would be very sneaky.

Associate
@Washout I hear ya about being ruined going back to 27! What's on your list as alternatives?
@Washout would you consider going OG G9 instead?

The thought of the OG did cross my mind, but only at the right price point. Even the neo - will see if there's any deals around November I guess. But it would have to be significantly less than rrp, like half. Because it's not worth the money they're asking when you have to turn off half the features/half speed just to get decent picture quality. Those are faults you might let slide on a £2-300 monitor but wouldn't on a £600. So no way on a £1700 one! It was gnawing away at me so had to go back not matter how good it looked and on the desk (even had it mounted on an arm - jury rigged to hold the weight with an allen key shoved into a hole, pushed right back to wall or brought forward on top of steering wheel when playing a driving game. Was amazing).

Real shame as aside those scanlines my panel seemed spot on. No bleed or stuck pixcels - just couldn't be bothered rolling dice on a replacement where one thing might be better but then find some other fault.

My original plan was to wait and see what LG bring out for smaller oled screens... might just go back to that waiting game.

Associate
Before you say no pixel failures use Eizo test (white screen) and look for any square centimeter of the screen.
Nearly all (my experience: 90+ %) Samsung sva panels have at least dust/dirt inside the panel below ag coating (the glued film on top for handling reflections).

LG will not release really small oled screens. Their oled manufacturing process (evaporation) isn't capable of producing oled screens smaller than 16:9 uhd 42 inches (release second quarter 2022).
Also consider WRGB (used by LG) has a fuzzy pixelrendering.

Joled has released only one 60 hz uhd 60 hz printed rgb oled screen. It costs 3500 Euro (LG 32EP950) and isn't suitable for good hdr with only 200 - 57X nits brightness.

You must be crazy if you want use oled for static content permanently. The pixels are shortly wearing out and you will have permanent image retention aka burnin.

If the risk wouldn't be a huge problem, they would offer a min. 5 year warranty for burnin, if all safety options has been used.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom