Squid Game

NVP

NVP

Soldato

Squid Game is an upcoming South Korean television series written and directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk. The eight episode series, starring Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-joon and Lee Ji-ha, tells the story of a group of people who risk their lives in a mysterious survival game with a ₩45.6 billion prize.

456 people, who have all struggled in life, are invited to play a mysterious survival competition named "Squid Game". Competing in a series of traditional children's games but with deadly twists, they put their lives at risk to compete for a ₩45.6 billion (US$40 million) prize, for which there will only be one winner.

Release: September 17, 2021

Can't wait for this! Looks like Takeshi's Castle crossed with The Running Man :D

Soldato
Released tomorrow, i am really looking forward to this. I have recently enjoyed most of these Korean TV Shows lately, even Neighbours from Hell which was pretty grim. Bring them on!

Associate
Watched EP1 last night with the Mrs. Yep, that went mental! We both enjoyed it though. This could have come straight from the mind of Stephen King's Bachman alter ego lol.

Caporegime
Ep1 was very good, episode 2 seemed like a weird filler. Shall continue, but was a bit drained after episode 2 - though no doubt that'll pick up.

Soldato
I watched it all over the weekend. Some pretty grim and depressing bits but pretty good overall.

I guessed the end part from the start. Pretty odd ending though.

Caporegime
Ep6 done...what i am wondering now is.

The organ selling black market thing, how come the main company that runs this operation isn't doing that themselves? Then they can choose to shoot the participants in the head mostly and harvest them for their own gain. I mean they are going to burn the bodies anyway. It seems a missed opportunity.

Caporegime
Ep6 done...what i am wondering now is.

The organ selling black market thing, how come the main company that runs this operation isn't doing that themselves? Then they can choose to shoot the participants in the head mostly and harvest them for their own gain. I mean they are going to burn the bodies anyway. It seems a missed opportunity.

Added risk of getting caught, could be undercover cops who they're buying from etc.

Also episode 4/5/6 were outstanding!

Caporegime
Finished it, good in places, some fillers.

Also, i find the idea that this guy, who spent a year living like a hobo with all that money all of the sudden have the willpower to go back to do another game is a bit ridiculous for season 2. Unless he is trying to use his money? And saw the twist at the end coming regarding the old man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom