5000x build 2021

Associate
OP
kiecPDE.jpg
Bit overexcited and after putting fans on bracket realised I'd put front fans on back to front. I was too concerned getting the wires on the correct side to actually pay attention to the fans themselves

Associate
OP
2ju9oFz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lY6VBWV.jpg[/img]'] lY6VBWV.jpg
rXUpr1g.jpg
oaeHqHF.jpg
uUuO4yA.jpg
I got Rog Strix B550 E-gaming, put cpu, ram and nvme on before putting in case. remember for the nvme to but the little riser fitting on before fittling nvme. i peeled the plastic cover off the nvme also, peeled the cover of thermal strip on back of the heat spreader and screwed down..Read enough of other people leaving the plastic/paper nvme cover on

Associate
OP
m0iuM9v.jpg
iQq5PTl.jpg
ryXTsnm.jpg
BwurQcq.jpg
Thermal paste spread using a spatula on the cpu (5800X) and attached the aio..bit fiddly hooking on but all connected. I'd got a h150i pro xt, and initially took off the fans and put on the fans that came with the case, the SP120 Elite's, but decided to looked a bit dark on top with the QL's, so swapped again for full QL120's

Associate
OP
ipHsweh.jpg
pNFXR2q.jpg
3hzXWpR.jpg
7WH3Qh4.jpg
a couple of the front case connectors next. Found the aio a bit tricky as the the connector that controls pump goes onto board, which was 4 min, but connector only 3 pin. Did ask for help, and Dr. DI was very kind to help me straight away. Much appreciated

Associate
OP
4dZj3GP.jpg
QEb3jNZ.jpg
CeQ6ckD.jpg
Tested power and fans etc before putting gpu you.
On the back, case came with a lighting node core and a pwm fan hub. both require a usb input which is a bit tricky. Board comes with 2 inputs, 1 being used by the aio. i ended up unsrewing the pwn fan controller from case and using a commader pro. This allows the front 6 fans be plugged into the lighting node core, the 3 rgb from the aio go into the other lighting node core that came with case, the fan speeds on aio are plugged into aio, and the 6 front get plugged into the commander pro. Then some cable management i hope I explained that if anyone doing something similar.
Without the commander pro, I have no idea how I was going to do it with the limited usb connectivity on the board...think 2 is fairly standard
Anyway, bit of cable management, please don't be too harsh, 1st timedoing it with all the fans etc, then a little internal door that closes and hides it all

Associate
OP
Z09n9R4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/o1mG93G.jpg[/img]'] o1mG93G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0VgqOHG.jpg[/img]'] 0VgqOHG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hUuibPV.jpg[/img]'] hUuibPV.jpg

Finally turn on again with everything back on. with Ram, I have 2x16gb, and bought 2 light enhancement kits just to fill all the slots. Know it's a waste of £30, but completes the look I guess. When installing, installed real Ram in 2nd closest to cpu 1st, then furthest away..so A2 and B2. From reading this is the way instruction tell to install, and in that order...

Other thing I did was open a schematic of the motherboard on a laptop, as the instructions that come with the mobo...well, good for kindling in a fire but that's about it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's as far as I've got so far, I've just downloaded a windows 10 install onto usb stick, so now going to hook everything up and see if I've done everything correctly. Fingers crossed the mobo recognises the cpu, otherwise I'll have to flash the bios, and that it then boots

Associate
OP
Cheers.
Plugged into monitor and turned it on. Luckily booted up no problem. Cpu recognised by mobo so no update required. Took a sec to find the xmp profile in bios, but sorted, and just installed windows 10 home. Everything seems ok so far
Just not used to having a pc where I dont have to wait a min or more before it decides to respond
Very happy:)

Associate
OP
Nice build.

An rgb strip along the psu shroud i think would look nice.

I agree:cry:, but busted budget already. I did have the black 011D XL, which I got as a package deal with the corsair RM1000X, but then when saw the 5000X for £120 incl. shipping, thought that would save me £60. I bought the strimmer cables for my b'day too , but have hidden them till xmas before my wife goes nuts. Not sure about the gpu strimmer, as the adaptor nvidia supply is pretty dire, so strimmer will still be 3-4 inches away from card, so doubt will look good. mobo one will be fine though. My son wants a pc now, so may get another build chance(he's putting b'day, xmas and savings towards). Though may tell him depends on gcse results too..that way can see what the next series of gpu's are and how much they'll cost

Associate
Nice rig that. A lot of cooling in that case which is nice. Thought that many fans would be OTT with all LED but it’s nice

How have you got the front fans configured? Assume they are intake and aio fans are exhaust?

Back
Top Bottom