• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Does anyone keep there ps5 in a unit? I have a besta and a one year old who grabs everything so I'm tempted to keep it inside the unit instead of on top (I will have door open when playing) I currently keep my series x in there with no issues but worried that the ps5 is bigger and runs hotter?

Caporegime
Digital foundry and Gamers Nexus have said the old vs new revision PS5 are pretty much on par with each other with no real significant temperature or noise variances between them. Vids on YouTube if anyone is interested.

It'll just be a new revision to lower production costs, as they always are.

Man of Honour
Mine will sit under the air con unit with the XSX, so I can’t imagine it overheating.

My hdmi 2.1 directional switch arrived today along with another hdmi 2.1 cable, both of which work at 120fps 4K - I was a little skepticical! So will easily be able to switch between both consoles.

Soldato
Mine will sit under the air con unit with the XSX, so I can’t imagine it overheating.

My hdmi 2.1 directional switch arrived today along with another hdmi 2.1 cable, both of which work at 120fps 4K - I was a little skepticical! So will easily be able to switch between both consoles.
It won’t overheat regardless of the aircon, no worries. :p Mine hasn’t even broken a sweat yet.

Soldato
It's pretty good for the money, my PSN Library is quite extensive and deep. 3 a month for the past 7 years is a lot of games. Quite a few of them have been AAA.

I've been an idiot and not been keeping up with all the free games over the years, i only really taking notice of them back in Dec 2019 when the pandemic started to hit and have been diligently claiming them since then so i missed out on a lot of games. Still, coupled with the PS+ collection and the generous giveaways including their "Play at home", I've very quickly amassed an extensive digital collection and sold off a lot of those games' physical counterparts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Digital foundry and Gamers Nexus have said the old vs new revision PS5 are pretty much on par with each other with no real significant temperature or noise variances between them. Vids on YouTube if anyone is interested.

That may well be the case, but i feel better having the larger copper heatsink, peace of mind and all that

Back
Top Bottom