Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Known about it for a while. Apple have dragged their heels over formally announcing it. I'm safe as I have a cheap phone :D If I were to get an expensive phone then I'd add the vibration damper to my quad lock.

Associate
I have no intention of using a mount and staring at a screen on either bike. Nothing wrong with either a headset giving the vocal part of a set of directions or just stopping to check the map now and then :)

Associate
Bought the F850GS today, it's in the garage now getting the suspension set back to stock.

Very nice bike man. Riding an adventure bike like a GS is
definitely on my list once i get off my 125. How tall are they with stock suspension? im about 5'10. Would i fit comfortably? tippy toes is okay haha. Hope you enjoy the bike.

Soldato

The good.

The bad, ignore how filthy the bike is, is this paint flaking a fault that would be covered under warranty or how could it have been caused?.
I had something similar on my 2016 r1200r. It was about 18m old and they were about do a warranty claim without any hassle but I chopped it in so didn’t go through the warranty claim. The dealer had it up for sale a month or so later and it was looking fresh..

Soldato
I tried the KTM1290 and can't touch the floor at all. Definately a non man moment :(

However, I tried the Versys, and really really like it. I thnk i'll be looking for a 2020 SE model - Very comfy and I can touch the floor both side not full flat foot, but not far off.

Associate
I had something similar on my 2016 r1200r. It was about 18m old and they were about do a warranty claim without any hassle but I chopped it in so didn’t go through the warranty claim. The dealer had it up for sale a month or so later and it was looking fresh..

Had it on both of my K1300 bikes. If it's manufacturer warranty then worth a go for sure. One of my K bikes had the rear drive and front wheel carrier done for corrosion on manufacturer warranty. Previous one on insured warranty? Nope.

I should check my R1250GS!

Soldato
I tried the KTM1290 and can't touch the floor at all. Definately a non man moment :(

However, I tried the Versys, and really really like it. I thnk i'll be looking for a 2020 SE model - Very comfy and I can touch the floor both side not full flat foot, but not far off.
What’s your inside leg measurement? I’m 6ft but small legs, 30” inside leg and I could manage the 1290 if I shifted my bum sideways a bit, the 790/890 is totally fine and I can ride off road no problem.

Caporegime
Which back armour does everyone use? I bought a Dainese Laguna Seca today and need to get armour for it, I'm liking the look of the D3O Viper, anyone use D3O stuff? Gets pretty high praises, and I'm rather fond of my spine so money's not really an issue.

Soldato
Which back armour does everyone use? I bought a Dainese Laguna Seca today and need to get armour for it, I'm liking the look of the D3O Viper, anyone use D3O stuff? Gets pretty high praises, and I'm rather fond of my spine so money's not really an issue.

Got D30 inserts for my one piece, leather jacket, summer jacket and textile jacket - I'm too fat at the moment, to use my strapped on Dainese back protector :( Also got knee and hip D30 in my jeans - hope to never testtthe stuff, but it doesn't feel intrusive at all

Man of Honour
I bought a Goldtop jacket recently and Knox armour with it (elbows, shoulder and back). It isn't the thinnest or lightest armour. In fact it's quite the opposite. At first I wasn't sure about it and thought it was too thick. But the jacket and the armour have a certain heft about them. I've come to really appreciate how thick the jacket and armour are. I originally wanted a jacket with armour I couldn't notice. But after wearing this I think I would feel vulnerable with thinner armour.

I have D3O in my gloves and jeans and am very happy with them there.

Back
Top Bottom