• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
sold my AIO hybrid EVGA 1080Ti few days ago and bought a 6700XT white Hellbound

Sold the 1080ti for $700 and bought the 6700xt powercolor for $800

Runs very quiet and with a bit of UVing relatively cool as well

Power consumption reduction vs the nvidia is great and perfs are what the reviews and benchmark were telling me so happy with my decision in the end for a $100 upgrade in these crazy GPU prices days

the only concern is the idle temps,I was hoovering at around 35degC with the Ti, of course watercooled, and I am above 45degC with the 6700XT but granted in a warm room and with zero rpm feature activated as well

Associate
I personally wouldn't vacuum around my GPU. :)

Good upgrade its exactly what to do for the sum of $100!
there was a subliminal message in the wording, you know important to get dust out of your PC case:p

I really think it would have taken much much longer for a similar $100 upgrade indeed like waiting for next Gen cards and to be honest, happy to be back in the RED camp already:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got MSI RX6700 XT MECH X2 12G OC up and running. Coming from nVidia 1070 the difference is huge in gaming.

How is MSI considered nowadays as a GPU manufacturer? I hope they using quality parts and components.
I'm considering the nitro 6700xt, oddly enough I'd be coming from a 1070, just how much difference is there? Have you found the ray Tracing on amd side good enough

Associate
I went from a 1060 to 3070 to 6700xt. The difference in performance is huge, the new generation of cards hardly breaks a sweat at 1080 and 1440p.

as far as ray tracing goes, amd is well behind. dont buy this card if you are deadset on wanting ray tracing features.everything else, this card is amazing.

Soldato
I went from a 1060 to 3070 to 6700xt. The difference in performance is huge, the new generation of cards hardly breaks a sweat at 1080 and 1440p.

as far as ray tracing goes, amd is well behind. dont buy this card if you are deadset on wanting ray tracing features.everything else, this card is amazing.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.. Sold my vega 64 for a fair price and bought a 5700 for temp use for a little less.. Sold that with a small profit and got a RTX 3070 as payment for a job. Sold that as well for a profit and got myself a 6700XT and I don't regret for one secret letting the rtx 3070 go. The RX 6700XT eats through 1080p and 1440p content like no problem as long as its not nvidia sponsered RT titles like Cyberpunk.

Soldato
Well I'm wanting ray tracing cause of how it is on my ps5 on spider man it's stunning, surely it's gonna be no worse than that? PS5 is amd after all.

Soldato
Well I'm wanting ray tracing cause of how it is on my ps5 on spider man it's stunning, surely it's gonna be no worse than that? PS5 is amd after all.

The ray tracing isn't as efficient as the NV equivalents, quite a gap in some cases but it still works well. I get 60-70fps at 3440x1440 with nightmare settings and RT in Doom Eternal

By no means diabolical but you have to keep in mind how optimised those games on the PS5 are to a single configuration vs. the open setting environment of a pc title. Might not be apples for apples if you get me

Soldato
Hey guys. After RMA-ing my Powercolor Fighter 6700xt and waiting well over a month since I sent it back to OCUK, I've been told Powercolor won't be repairing or replacing it as I requested due to the ticking fan noise. :( OCUK have said they have no choice but to simply refund me. Reasons stated are due to Brexit and Customs. So the nice deal I got on this one has gone. Prices are now about £200-£300 more than the price I paid. I asked for literally any replacement 6700xt but no can do they said. :( I'm gutted.
I would have sooner kept it and just whacked a different set of fans on it or took it apart and troubleshooted myself. I did say I would have it back unrepaired but it seems it's gone forever. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hey guys. After RMA-ing my Powercolor Fighter 6700xt and waiting well over a month since I sent it back to OCUK, I've been told Powercolor won't be repairing or replacing it as I requested due to the ticking fan noise. :( OCUK have said they have no choice but to simply refund me. Reasons stated are due to Brexit and Customs. So the nice deal I got on this one has gone. Prices are now about £200-£300 more than the price I paid. I asked for literally any replacement 6700xt but no can do they said. :( I'm gutted.
I would have sooner kept it and just whacked a different set of fans on it or took it apart and troubleshooted myself. I did say I would have it back unrepaired but it seems it's gone forever. :rolleyes:

That is properly naff and rather disappointing on Powercolor's part to say the least. Can kind of see OCuks point of view but that doesn't make it any easier on the consumers part :(

What was the noise you were experiencing? I slight ticking at certain RPM?

Interesting as mine does it occasionally at certain speeds

Caporegime
That's a shame they couldn't get it back to you.

To be fair to OcuK, i suspect once Powercolor got it back they wouldn't send it back to them.

Associate
Changed OS to Win11, latest chipset drivers and GPU drivers and 3d Mark perfromance is significantly higher, despite my maximim GPU overclock being 50mhz lower.

GPU score nicely in the 14k zone, might try a overclock on my CPU and see if i can get the number 1 slot back,

Caporegime
Re-joining this club, got a XFX 6700 XT Merc on the way to have a play with.

I see my Timespy and Timespy Extreme worldwide No1 scores with my previous 6700 XTs have been beaten since the huge performance improvements in newer drivers in those benchmarks.

Time to try and reclaim those with this new sample tomorrow.

Caporegime
I ended up getting a 6700 XT Merc and a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT. I have to say, the Red Devil is the better of the two in cooling performance and looks So i plan to keep the Devil and return the Merc.

The Red Devil looks really nice, never really appreciated how good the RGB is on the Red Devil SKUs this year.

The Merc is definitely much quieter though, however everything else is better on the Red Devil on the 6700 XT versions. On the 6900 XTs, I preferred the Merc but on the 6700 XT the Red Devil is superior and has a better PCB and overclock potential and the same holds true for the 6900 XT there too.

No matter what I could not draw more power than 225W on the Merc, even with high power limits. On the Red Devil I've been able to draw as high as 260W+ and as you can imagine that results in higher clock speeds and voltages and performance.

The Merc uses the reference PCB whereas the Red Devil has a custom PCB with extra power stages and other stuff according to Bullzoid, so its definitely the best 6700 XT PCB out there.

Merc had a stock clock of 2615Mhz, my previous Merc had a stock clock of 2639Mhz. The Red Devil came with a stock clock of 2699Mhz, which is the highest I've ever seen for a 6700 XT.

I am curious to know what other peoples stock 6700 XT clock is and if anyone has seen higher than 2699Mhz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom