Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Forget how fast it was on the straights, how fast were you taking maggots/becketts/chapel and how did it feel through there? Any video of your laps? :)

No passenger allowed so no filmed laps unfortunately.

The car felt great everywhere to be honest, I’d say only weakness was brakes as in braking zones the Pista’s were in another league.

No idea on other speeds as I was too focused on looking where I was going been nee to circuit but the 458 felt very progressive it has some built in understeer at limits but the car communicates grip really well. I drove in race mode and only felt rear let go once when I messes up a little and me and computer caught it together.

Silverstone is huge but the car felt small, light and agile, just feels like a go-kart on the track so really impressed and the only weakness is brakes.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Silverstone is an amazing circuit - the way you get to move the mass of the car around through those curves is just mega because you're going so damn fast through them. The straights are the most boring bits of the track and tbh every time I've done a TD there I've ended up lifting well short of the braking zones (eg just after the bridge on the way into brooklands) just for cooling purposes meaning I can go harder for the rest of the lap.

Caporegime
If it is this one than yes.

preview-768x432.jpg

V5hhZMs.png

OcUK Staff
Silverstone is an amazing circuit - the way you get to move the mass of the car around through those curves is just mega because you're going so damn fast through them. The straights are the most boring bits of the track and tbh every time I've done a TD there I've ended up lifting well short of the braking zones (eg just after the bridge on the way into brooklands) just for cooling purposes meaning I can go harder for the rest of the lap.

Yes I see your point and on my second session I had a lack of fuel issue so was doing exactly this and short shifting, the corners are great fun and certainly very high speed as my 100mph beep was sounding in a lot of corners.

Track certainly takes a bit of learning and if I had known instructors were available I’d have taken one but alas they’d all been grabbed, but there will always be other opportunities. Front end on the car is incredible the first sharp corner I hit for first time I thought I’d gone in too fast and was trying to gently turn in but the car just turned in with ease and the amount of corner force felt incredible, so yep huge fun and seriously impressed with the car it felt proper race car out on circuit. Think I am definitely gonna be fitting a new set of brakes soon though, gonna take them off and weigh them.

Associate
Epic hospitality as always by Ferrari, free food, great cars, free track day just a shame they don’t supply fuel too as the 458 absolutely drinks it on track talking 3-5mpg.

I'm there tomorrow, one of my brothers friends races in the Ferrari Challenge series. I hope the F1 cars are due to run again, the videos I was sent they sounded ungodly!

Soldato
So just picked this up for around £4k.
Its a 2009 Infiniti FX50S with around 190k on the clock.
aKa899P.jpg
Heck of a lot of car for the money!
The level of kit on it is insane. 360 cameras, radar cruise, heated and cooled seats, dvd's, rear screens etc.
And then the party piece - the engine is a 5.0l V8 with 390hp. That, coupled with awd, means it can get to 60 in around 5 seconds so pretty nippy when it wants to be!
My mpg is around 12 at the minute so hopefully that improves and the tyres were £260 a corner thanks to the 21inch rims.
Pretty happy with it so far though!

Tea Drinker
Don
Wife’s new Peugeot 208e thing. Straight lease deal, cheap deal pre registered last of the colour choices immediate delivery etc. Her mini is behind so shes okay with the colour.

Seems okay so far. Managed to wire a 32 amp socket so charging isn’t days.

KCNF4Aa.jpg

Associate
Just picked up this BMW 125i SE, 125k on the clock but its actually in great condition and been really looked after, shame really as im planning to rag it round on track days.

9joPIuQ.jpg
ztSKomt.jpg

Mods planned so far are:
M Sport Wheels with Goodyear F1 Super Sports
M135i Front brake upgrade.
BMWP Short Shift Kit
Adjustable coilovers (unsure on brand yet)
Remap to 130i power (est 270bhp)
M3 Control Arms

depending on how it is on track i may start thinking about LSD, Seats etc but im trying to keep it a budget build for the moment.

Soldato
Yeah had the Yukon, was a trusty beast but needed to get something smaller for the wife. This is actually her car. I shall be getting something a bit more interesting in a month or 2.
Booty shot
3KkjyXL.jpg

Yes, it’s definitely smaller than the Yukon, but the again almost everything is :p I’ve never been fully sold on the interior and exterior styling of Infiniti products, but they do drive really well. A friend has an Infiniti M56 which is hideous inside and out, but is excellent at upsetting hot hatch owners at traffic light GP.

Soldato
Yeah it's a real marmite car looks wise. The proportions look a bit awkward like it's a squashed angry bug. I personally have found it quite nice to live with and it's genuinely surprising how quickly it picks up off the line!
This is an old car but I reckon it still looks relatively fresh. The Yukon was an old brute and looked it despite the light mods I did.

495oIBB.jpg
In the grand scheme of things I actually ended up quids in when taking into account how much the Yukon sold for and how much I paid for the Infiniti.
As long as the wife can keep this in good nick ill be happy!

Permabanned
So just picked this up for around £4k.
Its a 2009 Infiniti FX50S with around 190k on the clock.
aKa899P.jpg
Heck of a lot of car for the money!
The level of kit on it is insane. 360 cameras, radar cruise, heated and cooled seats, dvd's, rear screens etc.
And then the party piece - the engine is a 5.0l V8 with 390hp. That, coupled with awd, means it can get to 60 in around 5 seconds so pretty nippy when it wants to be!
My mpg is around 12 at the minute so hopefully that improves and the tyres were £260 a corner thanks to the 21inch rims.
Pretty happy with it so far though!

4k geez what a bargain, even if it throws up a big bill its throw away money.

Associate
Glad to see me swapping the 520i caused so much discussion :) .......Worse comes to worse, I can always sell the EV and buy another petrol car :)
I am not sure how I will get on with the Tesla, but willing to give it a go while the second hand prices are so strong on cars.
I do approx, 10k a year and I am having a charger fitted at home too.
Cant wait to set the seats up as whoopee cushions :D

Soldato
Part ex'd my 1 year old Mk4 ST for the Mk4 ST Edition due to a great trade in price. Also, not passing up the opportunity for a limited edition run.

Whats the difference? Minimal - adjustable coilovers rather than the adaptable suspension (there may be track days in my future), digital dash (which I think might be standard from now on), colour (Azure Blue or RS Nitrous Blue if you are colour blind).
Apparently the UK numbers are limited to 300 for the Edition, much like its Fiesta equivalent.

Not noticed any difference in the ride yet which is supposedly firmer but I always had mine in Sport mode, not tried it in this yet. The steering feels tighter and it was pretty good to start with.

riFPgY9.jpg

Might manage more than 3000 miles this year.

Back
Top Bottom