Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just do the VPN registration for YT premium. Worth every penny of the £1.20 I pay each month.

The thing you have to remember is the iPhone batteries are smaller than the Android equivalents.
To put it into numbers I can charge my 12 just as fast with a 15w charger as I could charge my OnePlus 7T Pro with its 30w charger - and they both last just as long, in fact the iPhone may last longer.
Interesting you quote I have the OnePlus 7T currently.. Do you miss it coming from here to an iPhone? And also what are the pros/cons you've found. If it saves clogging this thread I'd appreciate your findings via PM

Soldato
Glass is glass - drop it and it might break. In addition, the back of the iPhones use a different glass and the price of repair for a broken back panel is where the real eye-watering bills come in. Keeping an iPhone naked and uninsured is asking for trouble IMO.

I disagree with this as well, iPhone naked is the way to go. I stick a skin on the back just for a bit of customisation but the sides and screen are free. I’ve dropped it countless times and there isn’t a ding. It feel out my pocket in the pictures last night and not a mark on it.

Soldato
Interesting you quote I have the OnePlus 7T currently.. Do you miss it coming from here to an iPhone? And also what are the pros/cons you've found. If it saves clogging this thread I'd appreciate your findings via PM
Don’t miss Android at all, my only regret is I didn’t make the change sooner.
My main reasons for changing were I wanted a flagship phone with a flat display and wireless charging - I appreciate the 7T has a flat display already.
The other thing is I’ve just reached the stage where I can’t be bothered with customising my UI and all the extras that come with using Android. I’d have baulked at the idea only a few years ago but times change!

Soldato
My main reasons for changing were I wanted a flagship phone with a flat display and wireless charging - I appreciate the 7T has a flat display already.
The other thing is I’ve just reached the stage where I can’t be bothered with customising my UI and all the extras that come with using Android. I’d have baulked at the idea only a few years ago but times change!

doesnt the vpn youtube premium then lock your youtube/google to that vpn locations catalogue?

presume your vpning to india?

Commissario
I really don't generally get involved with the debate about what is 'better' but that reminds me of a conversation in the office about three years ago. People were talking about it and someone was vociferous that android is better because of all the customisations he could do. When I asked him what customisations specifically, he couldn't list a single one but was adamant that it was better 'because I can customise it".

He bought an iPhone 12 last year and is now very vocal about how he prefers iOS :cry:

Soldato

I've never customized anything on my Google Pixel, that's not really a valid argument. You don't have to do anything to it for it to work.

Soldato
I've never customized anything on my Google Pixel, that's not really a valid argument. You don't have to do anything to it for it to work.
I understand that, my point was I don’t use those features and as far I’m concerned (personally) that’s one of Android’s main appeals.
Having used both I do find iOS more convenient to use in general.
As has been mentioned I wouldn’t advocate one over the other, all I’m giving is my use case and experience.
I do find the eco system between it and my MacBook very handy but again not everyone has both a MacBook and an iPhone so that statement isn’t true for all.

Soldato
I’ve dropped it countless times and there isn’t a ding. It feel out my pocket in the pictures last night and not a mark on it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to use my incoming iPhone 13 naked and without forking out the thick end of £200 for insurance, but for me the potential downsides are too much to risk. I’ll buy AppleCare when mine arrives - most flagship phones feel too nice in the hand to cover up with cases and screen protectors.

Soldato
I understand that, my point was I don’t use those features and as far I’m concerned (personally) that’s one of Android’s main appeals.
Having used both I do find iOS more convenient to use in general.
As has been mentioned I wouldn’t advocate one over the other, all I’m giving is my use case and experience.
I do find the eco system between it and my MacBook very handy but again not everyone has both a MacBook and an iPhone so that statement isn’t true for all.

I have a Pixel and a Chromebook so I understand how useful that can be as I'm under the impression the implementation is much better and smoother with an iPhone/Mac

Commissario
My YouTube account is signed up via a vpn in India and I never use it via a vpn. It works perfectly, I don’t get Indian recommendations at all.

This is really off topic though.

Soldato
Picked up a case today from my local store and I’m glad I did as there is a huge lip to protect the camera module. How can you protect the camera lenses without a case?

Soldato
Picked up a case today from my local store and I’m glad I did as there is a huge lip to protect the camera module. How can you protect the camera lenses without a case?

Ive got iphone 12 pro without a case and i always place my phone down on a table front screen first so the cameras are facing upwards

Soldato
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to use my incoming iPhone 13 naked and without forking out the thick end of £200 for insurance, but for me the potential downsides are too much to risk. I’ll buy AppleCare when mine arrives - most flagship phones feel too nice in the hand to cover up with cases and screen protectors.

If you’re paying for apple care, that gives you peace of mind.

Ive got iphone 12 pro without a case and i always place my phone down on a table front screen first so the cameras are facing upwards

Yup, also the camera lenses are solid and don’t scratch very easily at all.

Another reason why an AOS is pointless. :D

I’m surprised how many of you still think you’re carrying an iPhone 5

Back
Top Bottom