The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
Blind Forest and Will of Wisps are great, i remember that hard part you mentioned. Will of Wisps has some tricky parts as well that can take quite a few goes, but I aways find eventually it just clicks, never did I get to a hard part and need to give up.
I'm currently mid-way through the Wisps and there have been a few moments where I've been on the cusp of total frustration and required a walkthrough YT vid for that specific section. I'm nowhere near as coordinated as I once was and both this and Blind Forest have a lot of awkward quick reaction jump bash / grapple moments!

I play mostly everything on easy these days but in this game that doesn't mean you jump any higher or bash / float for longer!

Soldato
I'm currently mid-way through the Wisps and there have been a few moments where I've been on the cusp of total frustration and required a walkthrough YT vid for that specific section. I'm nowhere near as coordinated as I once was and both this and Blind Forest have a lot of awkward quick reaction jump bash / grapple moments!

I play mostly everything on easy these days but in this game that doesn't mean you jump any higher or bash / float for longer!

Same, I can't remember what difficulty I used, think it was just default normal difficulty. I think the studio is working on a completely different type of game now, but it will be great to see a Ori 3 one day.

Soldato
I've been a bit addicted to Hades recently. Thought I'd give up after escaping once but now I've done 5 of the 6 weapons and I still drawn into "a few more runs". Maybe I'll give up after 10 runs to get the next ending. A solid 9/10 game for me. Addictive stuff and a great gamepass addiction.

Soldato
Doom Eternal.

Got half way through on release but then never came back to it. Came back to it following the Raytracing update and finished it off.

Solid 7/10.

Kind of disappointed that they didn't include some classic Doom II levels etc as part of the secrets like they did with Doom 2016. Also the weapons were a bit lacklustre and samey. Enjoyed secret hunting but some of the platforming elements made me feel like I was playing a tomb raider game rather than Doom.

I also felt it was a bit too cartoony and comedic with some of the character styling and other game elements. I wanted it to be darker and more gritty.

But still a good bit of fun overall.

Associate
Got Mafia Definitive Edition Collection, Complated the story mode of Mafia 1 going to start Mafia 2 next. Will pop back into the first Mafia to get all the collectibles soon.

First time playing Mafia also what a good story and the ending not what I expected at all.

Man of Honour
Psychonauts 2 - 10/10

What an absolute masterpiece. Fun and interesting story, fun gameplay, incredibly creative level design, great soundtrack, brilliant cameos, had a blast. Not a bug to be seen either, incredibly polished.

Associate
I've been a bit addicted to Hades recently. Thought I'd give up after escaping once but now I've done 5 of the 6 weapons and I still drawn into "a few more runs". Maybe I'll give up after 10 runs to get the next ending. A solid 9/10 game for me. Addictive stuff and a great gamepass addiction.
I got hades for ps5 on release 2 weeks ago, it's been the only game I play since. I have 3 different weapon escapes done and a clear of heat 1 with the sword. I love it so far and it should keep me happy until the release of deathloop.

Associate
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (some pretty graphics but other than that a boring forgettable overrated game imo ..glad it's over and immediately sold on ebay ;))

Soldato
Psychonauts 2 - 9.5/10

Even though it was a simple plot, I got lost in the story a little / not sure I totally got all the details, but man this is what gaming's about. I can't quite wrap my head around about how one goes about designing levels like they have, as I simply cannot conceive how you envision and execute on those level designs. I thought it was a stunning game visually, the right length, the right pacing and at no point did I ever feel lost.

Caporegime
Demon Souls PS5 - 4/5

First time playing a Souls game and the first game since B-17 Flying Fortress I felt I needed an instruction manual to work out work to do :o

Found the initial few hours incredibly difficult, as well as immensely frustrating, but once I worked out what I was doing it became an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding experience.

Would've given it a 5 had it not been for the initial learning curve and second play through. NG+ was meant to be a massive step up in difficulty but once you know where you're going and what you're doing, you can literally leg it through each level and smash most bosses with Firestorm. The Maneaters, which took me around an hour to beat during my first playthrough, lasted all of 20 seconds.

Soldato
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (some pretty graphics but other than that a boring forgettable overrated game imo ..glad it's over and immediately sold on ebay ;))
Couldn't agree more. I feel critics got ahead of themselves as it was the first major named exclusive for the platform.

It was very dull

Soldato
Infamous first light (and 2 games before Infamous second son). You can tell Sucker Punch passed the game engine over to Insomniac, the games are literally Spider-Man (2018) without Spider-Man.

Which is kind of sad as i don't see a new InFamous game while Spider-Man is around unless they can come up with a different formula.

Associate
Ratchet and clank rift apart. Solid 8. Enjoyed it lot of fun, amazing graphics, fun weapons.

Days Gone. 9. Really enjoyed this one. Don't get why it was given poor reviews. Little bit repetitive at times but still great. The hordes were brilliant and enjoyed enjoyed characters and story a lot. Gunplay also great, the guns felt proper meaty.

Man of Honour
Ratchet and clank rift apart. Solid 8. Enjoyed it lot of fun, amazing graphics, fun weapons.

Days Gone. 9. Really enjoyed this one. Don't get why it was given poor reviews. Little bit repetitive at times but still great. The hordes were brilliant and enjoyed enjoyed characters and story a lot. Gunplay also great, the guns felt proper meaty.

Both games on my to play list. After god of war, last of us and uncharted I think. Might play Ratchet and Clank sooner just to see what the PS5 is capable of.

Back
Top Bottom