Best small'ish family car for £10k?

Caporegime
that looks nice the spec and condition more than makes up for the colour. If i needed a car id be tempted. There are cheaper around

edit the spec looks outstanding, and only 21k miles….. in wouldn’t be surprised if it looks almost new on closer inspection
Lowest mileage petrol 1.8 I could find. Also a manual so no DSG worries either. The smaller petrol engine versions look woefully underpowered to me. Depending on yearly mileage a diesel may be preferable though.

Soldato
S
You'd be tempted by a decade old Skoda Yeti for 10 grand?

The car market has gone mad. How is that not a 3 grand car?!

Haha maybe a bit excited but you could probably run that for a year 18mths and sell it for no real loss. I wouldn't be to worried about the age if the condition looked good.

if i really needed a car id probly buy one for a grand or less….

Man of Honour

Good point, I missed the low resolution satnav, monochrome driver information display and air conditioning. What a car. Well worth 10 grand, my mistake.

Haha maybe a bit excited but you could probably run that for a year 18mths and sell it for no real loss.

If people are paying £10k for 12 year old Skoda Yetis in 18 months time then things are beyond help :D

High prices are, of course, a product of supply and demand. I get how it works. I'm just amazed the demand is there and anyone looks at £10k for a 2011 Skoda Yeti and says anything other than 'lol'.

Soldato
People are still fixated with mileage, and they love crossovers. That and the current shortages explain some of the inflated price, but by any objective measure it just isn't worth it.

Hypothesising that it will be depreciation proof for 18 months is just an example of "Greater fool theory". Sooner or later the bubble will burst, and some people will get burnt.

Caporegime
Good point, I missed the low resolution satnav, monochrome driver information display and air conditioning. What a car. Well worth 10 grand, my mistake.

If people are paying £10k for 12 year old Skoda Yetis in 18 months time then things are beyond help :D

High prices are, of course, a product of supply and demand. I get how it works. I'm just amazed the demand is there and anyone looks at £10k for a 2011 Skoda Yeti and says anything other than 'lol'.
It’s a Ten year old Skoda Yeti, were you expecting a ten inch touch screen and large multifunction colour display on the dash too?

Man of Honour
It’s a Ten year old Skoda Yeti, were you expecting a ten inch touch screen and large multifunction colour display on the dash too?

It's 10 grand - you're the one that said it was top spec as some sort of justification as to it's ridiculous price. Top spec on a car like that is fairly meaningless as most of the spec is rubbish. Worn leather seats and rear electric windows, wow. My point was, for reasons you've highlighted, that the fact it was top spec 10 years ago doesn't amount to much.

The sooner people avoid spending ridiculous amounts of money on what really ought to be a very cheap car the sooner the market will return to some sort of normality..

Soldato
Again though, how many people want a 160ps turbo petrol engine in a Yeti? Doesn't seem like it would be a priority for the usual buyers for that sort of car.

Caporegime
I have to agree - 10k for a yeti…. ANY yeti is daft. Great car but just too much for what it is
Two issues are that the Yeti seems to have an almost cult-like following, and the market is what it is. We traded the wife’s 65 plate 1.2 DSG SE Outdoor back in May for £9750, they’ve gone up since, as has everything. The Passat GTE Advance estate that replaced it cost us £20k, but the same car today would be £24-25k.

Back
Top Bottom