What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Green Knight - This will leave you thinking and researching the myth for sure, the trailer and description do it no justice and i'd have passed on it for not a few posters here mentioning it. Comes across somewhat hastily finished or that could just be down to its rather low budget but seeing past that there is a gem of a film here with some great scenes and cinematography. Certain bits reminded me of The Fall in its story telling.

The trailer for this really put me off, but I've seen a few people say it's worth checking out so I might have to take a chance on it!

Associate
Copshop (2021) - 7/10

A comical drama that doesn’t conform to expectations with an 80’s presentation style, lively characters and isolated setting.

It doesn’t have much of a plot and it could have been a lot snappier, but the acting is good and it does hold your attention.

The action scenes are few and far between and use slow motion a bit too much, but are good enough.

Soldato
I assume the DV movie with Jake Gyllenhall?
Ah thanks, so that would just be "Enemy" (2013). I'll add that to the queue... cheers. :)

One of my best cinema experiences of the last decade, the soundtrack was sublime, especially going into Juarez.
Just finished watching it and you're right about the sound track, quite excellent, made more so with Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers. ;)

I think I started watching it a few years ago but for some reason never finished. It's on Prime now so watched it to the end this time.

It has the knack of keeping you on the edge even during the 'quieter' moments. Great performances all round though Benicio del Toro is particular good.

8/10

Associate
One of my best cinema experiences of the last decade, the soundtrack was sublime, especially going into Juarez.

Soundtrack is really good, it really adds that extra tension to the movie. I think I didn't see Sicario until 2-3 years after its release.

Ah thanks, so that would just be "Enemy" (2013). I'll add that to the queue... cheers. :)

Just finished watching it and you're right about the sound track, quite excellent, made more so with Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers. ;)

I think I started watching it a few years ago but for some reason never finished. It's on Prime now so watched it to the end this time.

It has the knack of keeping you on the edge even during the 'quieter' moments. Great performances all round though Benicio del Toro is particular good.

8/10

I don't know why, but I quite often find people overlooking del Toro as an actor. Think he has been great in pretty much every movie I've seen him in. Might watch both Sicario movies on Monday when I'm off from work.

Soldato
psycho goreman

crazy cross between a kids movie and a gory comedy horror. its totally nuts and over the top.

maybe 5/10 but someone with better taste than myself would give it less

Soldato
Coherence

Actually really enjoyed this. It's clearly a very low budget Sci-fi story but it's pulled off really well. Groups of friends meet for dinner as a comet flies over head, which in turn causes some mind bending shenanigans.

Acting was ok, apparently some of which was improvised

Goes to show a film can have an impact no matter the budget.

Available on Prime
I thought this was a fantastic film. Love a good low budget sci-fi.

Soldato
Escape room 2: 3/10
Really enjoyed the first one, but this is a chaotic mess, lacking any of the suspense of the original. Full of vacant characters you don't care about. We ditched it half way through.

Also recently seen:

Malignant 5/10
Pretty stupid film and just not scary

Candyman 5/10
See above

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom