in need of new speakers.

Soldato
If OP wants monitors instead of hifi, the Adam T5V will sound too bright.
Check source track compared to T5V

The Adam T5V's are not the warmest of sounds, however they are clear sounding.

Regarding being to bright the Adam has HF roll off settings that should fix this issue.

Those iLoud micro monitors are quite warm sounding, but don't have the detail of the Adams - Adam has a ribbon tweeter remember. They are remarkable given their physical size however.

I found this comparison video of the T7V's they have the same slightly cold sound of the T5V's in this video also. Incidentally the Prodipe Pro 8 V3's are in this video, and the Prodipes are warmer.

https://youtu.be/StYBOYJXzjI?t=220

Last edited:
Associate
If OP wants monitors instead of hifi, the Adam T5V will sound too bright.
Check source track compared to T5V

The Adams do have a small tilt upwards in the highs, not that big of a deal though as you can either use the HF trim to take it out, or EQ it out. The distortion behaviour in the bass is way better than the iLoud MTMs, let alone the regular Micros. Although he's using the speakers nearfield you still need headroom for excursion and peaks/dynamics.

after doing a bit of research im leaning towards the t5v's. the 5 year warranty on top of all the positive reviews, and the low price is making it seem like a no brainer.
im just wondering if it would be worth getting the sub woofer as well? ive never used one before.

Depends on the kind of music you're listening to but I'd say wait and see if you feel like you're missing any bass, and then decide. Since you are used to small bookshelfs I think you'll be satisfied with the bass from the T5V's.

Associate
When I looked at getting monitors, I bought a pair of JBL LSR 305s and a pair of the iLoud micros. I tried the micro's first and the sound was good, no complaints. When I tried the LSRs though, the sound was as good to my ears, but the bass was a definite step up for no reason other than pure size, I belive.

I can see that the iLouds have their place and are a good pair of speakers, but if you have room and it's between them and a 5" bookshelf pair, it's a fairly easy decision for me.

Soldato
When I looked at getting monitors, I bought a pair of JBL LSR 305s and a pair of the iLoud micros. I tried the micro's first and the sound was good, no complaints. When I tried the LSRs though, the sound was as good to my ears, but the bass was a definite step up for no reason other than pure size, I belive.

I can see that the iLouds have their place and are a good pair of speakers, but if you have room and it's between them and a 5" bookshelf pair, it's a fairly easy decision for me.
Oh yeh, of course. Big speakers push more air for bigger sound.
I’ve owned B&W 602s then 603s with a NAD C360 amp. Fantastic sounding but floorstanders take up a lot if room as does the amplifier and cables.

Living room we now have a Naim Muso. Connectivity is excellent and sound is very good. It sits nicely under the TV out the way

Soldato

Typically a 5" driver is the magic point where a speaker can provide good mids and reasonable about of bass.

So I totally agree with that your saying, if choosing a speaker you should always choose at least 5" drivers if possible.

However I have to say again, those ILoud micro monitors are quite remarkable given their small physical size.

Last edited:
Associate
Living room we now have a Naim Muso. Connectivity is excellent and sound is very good. It sits nicely under the TV out the way

My wife's parents have one of those for their front room, and I really like it. The sound quality is fantastic, but I'm tempted to pay the money just for that rotary selection dial!

Soldato
My wife's parents have one of those for their front room, and I really like it. The sound quality is fantastic, but I'm tempted to pay the money just for that rotary selection dial!
We went to John Lewis to buy a chest of drawers and ended up buying the Muso. That was 2 years ago and it’s been used almost every day. Best idea ever

Still don’t have a chest of drawers, furniture buying is so dull.

Yeh, the dial looks nice but dont really use it as control it from Spotify most of the time. The compatibility / ease of use really set it apart from other systems at the price range. It just works and connects easily to play music

Turned off, you just open spotify select Mu-So device and press play and it’ll power up and play

Back
Top Bottom