LCD Lightgun? Yes please.

Associate
Thank you. I have made some progress, but it's still not working. Found this guide and got the border working on in the Retroarch menus, but some button configs don't match the guide. And when I load Duck Hunt, no button works at all.

You really should join the Discord server and ask your questions there. Plenty of people on there giving help and advice. I'm sure someone can assist you in fixing this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did you get the issue with LB sorted out?
Nah not yet but I have barely tried. In the interim, happy with it working on game by game basis. Need to have an afternoon during a weekend to have a proper sit down and sort it out. However with a Quest 2, Switch and my PC - I get very distracted :cry:.

Caporegime
I take it minimal activity with the Sinden Light Gun judging how far down this thread has dropped?

My wife reminded me how little I use it :o, though I did remind her it's all a bit fiddly (at least when she got it for me). Going to try and set something more permanent this weekend.

Soldato
I take it minimal activity with the Sinden Light Gun judging how far down this thread has dropped?

My wife reminded me how little I use it :o, though I did remind her it's all a bit fiddly (at least when she got it for me). Going to try and set something more permanent this weekend.

I really fancy one for arcade/PS1/PS2 emulation but I'm put off with the faff setting it up. If it was plug and play I think I'd bite.

I'm waiting to see how things develop, what alternatives come out, a V2 etc
For 16bit, PS1 and Dreamcast emulation a Raspberry Pi4 with the 'barebones' image created by the Sinden community is basically plug and play. Although I appreciate it might not be as good as a beefy computer and comes at an additional cost. The games play well, without any noticable issues (except a bit of slow down on HoTD2 - last mission when entering the building). PS1 runs perfectly and there is minimal too do once installed on a Pi, all of the configs and software has been installed, you just need to add the rest.

Personally, I have found once you have a set up on PC, it is minimal effort to get up and going quickly compared to the early days of Sinden. The latest software available works well.

I love using the Sinden, but admittably, I haven't done so for a couple of months (I have been playing on a real CRT instead). I am waiting for adapters to be made for original consoles, I am hopeful we get a Dreamcast one eventually.

Last edited:
Associate
I dusted off the Sinden and mini PC to try that. It failed with the crosshairs either not there or just appearing in a very small part of the screen. I'll try it again this evening when it's dark just to rule out ambient light and reflections causing it.

Soldato
I dusted off the Sinden and mini PC to try that. It failed with the crosshairs either not there or just appearing in a very small part of the screen. I'll try it again this evening when it's dark just to rule out ambient light and reflections causing it.
If using it in a bright setting, you might need to increase the size of the border.

Back
Top Bottom