Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Are many people here going to take advantage of the Pro features, let's be honest?
Nope lol.

I couldn't persuade her otherwise so she has gone for the 13 Pro Max!

To be fair, its not a terrible deal all in. She sold her 11 for £300, has paid £350 upfront for the 13 Pro Max. £39 a month for 24mths, 100gb data with Vodafone through mobiles.co.uk, hopefully a £50 from TCB tracks as well.

Soldato
Nope lol.

I couldn't persuade her otherwise so she has gone for the 13 Pro Max!

To be fair, its not a terrible deal all in. She sold her 11 for £300, has paid £350 upfront for the 13 Pro Max. £39 a month for 24mths, 100gb data with Vodafone through mobiles.co.uk, hopefully a £50 from TCB tracks as well.

I mean, does anyone actually use 100GB of data a month? I probably don't use that in a year, I'm generally on WiFi but then when I am out and about on 4G/5G I just can't ever see myself using this amount of data. I think I'm on a 25GB plan at the moment, and have never gone over it.

Soldato
I mean, does anyone actually use 100GB of data a month? I probably don't use that in a year, I'm generally on WiFi but then when I am out and about on 4G/5G I just can't ever see myself using this amount of data. I think I'm on a 25GB plan at the moment, and have never gone over it.
She lives on her phone for her job and tbf the price difference is pretty negligible. Always handy for hotspot etc.

Soldato
Currently on an iPhone 11 and have just taken out a contract with Sky Mobile for the iPhone 13 Pro for £43 a month with 0 upfront.

‘Only’ 20GB data but I barely travel now due to WFH full time and I currently have 15GB and never go over!

Soldato
Yes. After 2 years it’ll drop to £33 as the phone part of the contract goes from £33 to £23 after 2 years.

Once 2 years is up, you can swap the phone for a new one at no extra cost.

If you trade in after 2 years, there'll be some extension to your contract jiggery pokery that adds another 24/36 months of payments, along with all the CPI+x% increases that go with them.

Just buy interest free from Apple and add a VOXI 30-day sim for a tenner a month. It'll cost fifty quid a month but in two years the phone will be yours and you won't have seen your monthly bills creep because of the yearly increases.

Associate
Went ahead with upgrade from my 11 pro > 256GB 13pro. It's a shame that there isn't something like pro mini (5.7") as this new shape is uncomfortable to hold.
My main benefits in comparison to 11pro ( best first :p)
- brighter screen in daylight (if 200nits are visible in real life)
- looks like awesome camera setup (especially macro mode for fun)
- 6GB ram
- battery
- pro motion

Soldato
With my pre-order I've paid in full up front but now considering the iPhone Upgrade Programme.
Does anyone know if you can change in store when going to pickup? Refund and enrol into the programme?

How does the maths work on a 13 Pro Max 256GB?

Soldato
Yes. After 2 years it’ll drop to £33 as the phone part of the contract goes from £33 to £23 after 2 years.

That makes a lot more sense. I was thinking, if it was £43 over two years that was an amazing deal whereas if it was £43 for three years it was actually pretty poor.

Actually works out fairly competitive with outright purchase and SIM-only if you stay the full three years.

Once 2 years is up, you can swap the phone for a new one at no extra cost.

The "extra" cost is that you'll effectively start again and sacrifice the third year which would have been cheaper. The effective cost of the initial plan then becomes nowhere near as competitive.

Soldato
Does anyone on here have an iPhone 12 mini? I'm trying to decide between the 13 and 13 mini?

I like the idea of a smaller device (having gone from an iPhone 5 to an XR previously and found it too big for comfort) but wondered what the experience of others was?

Back
Top Bottom