Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
What's up with that logo in the header? UK 2020 and then 4-6 June 2021?!

I never noticed until i took a screen shot. Must be cheaping out so they don't have to pay for a new design every year.

I am treating myself and 3 mates to a lads weekend for my 50th, which would have happened in 2020 but was interupted by the WuFlu.

Commissario
I never noticed until i took a screen shot. Must be cheaping out so they don't have to pay for a new design every year.

I am treating myself and 3 mates to a lads weekend for my 50th, which would have happened in 2020 but was interupted by the WuFlu.
You mean Covid19?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Car stuff. New bulbs, new door handle trims as old ones have bubbled from the sun.

trims_after.png
trims_before.png

phillips_x-tremevision-gen2.jpg

Soldato
The purchase is a cheapo but effective solar panel and pump for my new today ex scrap water tank to go into my little bbq section at the top of my(main) garden as a micro pond, the table and chairs also ex water tank, chucked some weed and plants in there from my main pond, hopefully some good (vegan have i told you) bbq weather still to come

Screenshot-20210917-191252-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Associate
Is the Thunder Shot a Re Re?

I recently bought an Avante 2011 as I don't have a "runner" Avante and wanted the box to frame the box art. I've framed a Top Force rere and original Egress box art.

No the Thunder Shot is original new in box from the 80's, the Sonic Fighter is also original from the 80's. That was my first car.

The rest are Re-Re's, I could not afford the Avante or Egress back in the day so had to pick them up.

Associate
A few more on top of a wardrobe! Happiest days of my life running Tamiya cars with my mates in the late 80's early 90's.

IMG-0285-1.jpg

Exactly my recollection, although I never had a Tamiya, until later, it was a rich kids toy at School. I used to visit Beatties and watch the video's and the box-art is sublime. The later boxes lost the appeal, and rarely any of the buggy's have drivers nowadays.

The re-releases are super addictive, I have bought some, used to buy a few from Hong Kong as they were super cheap, I don't think they are such the bargain nowadays though.

You have the two holy grails as well, never stumped up for an Avante.

Aargh I wish I hadn't visited this thread now! So tempting!

Associate
Exactly my recollection, although I never had a Tamiya, until later, it was a rich kids toy at School. I used to visit Beatties and watch the video's and the box-art is sublime. The later boxes lost the appeal, and rarely any of the buggy's have drivers nowadays.

The re-releases are super addictive, I have bought some, used to buy a few from Hong Kong as they were super cheap, I don't think they are such the bargain nowadays though.

You have the two holy grails as well, never stumped up for an Avante.

Aargh I wish I hadn't visited this thread now! So tempting!

I was no rich kid unfortunately.

God knows how many cars I washed and lawns I mowed to pay for my Tamiya. I certainly had to work for it, but it taught me a good life lesson early on it that if I want something I have to get off my ass and work for it.

P.S The Avante is a work of art!

Back
Top Bottom