Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour

The good.

The bad, ignore how filthy the bike is, is this paint flaking a fault that would be covered under warranty or how could it have been caused?.
Front engine casings on the LC R1200 RT/GS are known for the same. I know some people who have had success in getting it resolved in warranty but there has also been a blood bike group who had an entire fleet of RT’s with the same issue rejected under warranty. It’s a poor show for what is supposed to be the epitome of a durable motorcycle.

I make a point of giving the bike a rinse after being on salted roads. It also gets a few ACF50 treatments throughout winter.

Soldato
What’s your inside leg measurement? I’m 6ft but small legs, 30” inside leg and I could manage the 1290 if I shifted my bum sideways a bit, the 790/890 is totally fine and I can ride off road no problem.

About the same as yours, but I don't feel comfable not being able to touch the floor with both feet lol.

The Versys I can, so am really excited to be booking a test ride on one of those!

Man of Honour
Very nice, love it, and I also like that it's all British made (as I know you do too :p). Did you try it on anywhere, or just order and see if it fits?

Pretty sure that's my next purchase tbh, although I'll go for the Oxblood Bobber.
I'm not sure everything is made in Britain. It's certainly a british company, located here, with many products made in Britain. But I haven't been able to see a firm statement that everything is, and there doesn't appear to be a "made in Britain" label in the jacket. So the sceptical side of me thinks some items aren't made here. But at least they are trying to focus on British products on some of their rage.

They only have a shop in Bishop Stortford which is only open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I didn't try it on beforehand as I couldn't get to their shop. So I just ordered online. Unfortunately the customer has to pay for return postage if needed.

Nevertheless their service seems to be very good so far. I initially contacted them about my jacket as they didn't have one in stock online. But they managed to find one not listed online and send that to me. I've also discussed with them about having a jacket made for my daughter. She is really petite and even size 6 is often too large. They suggested making arrangements to visit and try a number of sample jackets which vary in size to see whether any of them would fit her. Alternatively they said they can make one of their jackets to a specific size if we went down there for a measurement (extra cost of course). Another benefit of that is being able to choose lining colours and other changes.

Don't expect anything highly technical. They are old school heavy jackets with fixed lining, a big slab of armour and made by a small family business. But I'm very happy with mine and it's a bit different to the other jackets out there. I also love the contrast between the black leather, gold lining and red suede collar lining. Although it doesn't have any vents, the zip and collar stud are very substantial so on hot days at slower speeds I ride with it half unzipped and the collar done up to get lots of airflow.

In addition to a jacket for my daughter I can see me getting something else from their range soon too.

There's a Bobber review here:

Caporegime
Excellent stuff, cheers Hades. And Kudos for getting one made for you daughter, that's awesome :D

Only just yesterday I saw a guy on a superbike with a little girl on the back, probably your daughter's age. Short sleeves, shorts, no protection at all apart from a helmet. I really hope she's never in a crash, there'll be nothing left of her :(

Associate
Christ no. Took the other half on the back of the Busa out to the Ponderosa at Horseshoe Pass on Saturday, full gear for both of us and even taking the scenic route there was still some dual carriageway at 70+. Would never forgive myself if I dropped her or the bike, mainly her (honest), at any speed.

Associate
Christ no. Took the other half on the back of the Busa out to the Ponderosa at Horseshoe Pass on Saturday, full gear for both of us and even taking the scenic route there was still some dual carriageway at 70+. Would never forgive myself if I dropped her or the bike, mainly her (honest), at any speed.
I really enjoy going to ponderosa to be honest. I'm near Manchester so isn't too far. Really nice drive as well if you know the scenic routes.

You will have to take me on the Busa :D LOL. How is the Busa to ride. Very fun im guessing.

Associate
I really enjoy going to ponderosa to be honest. I'm near Manchester so isn't too far. Really nice drive as well if you know the scenic routes.

You will have to take me on the Busa :D LOL. How is the Busa to ride. Very fun im guessing.

it really is, especially now the first service is done and I don’t have to keep it under 4K revs. Took a bit of getting used to the change in handling with the missus on the back but she loved it :)

Transmission breaker
Don
I just stuck a manual CCT on my cbr600f2, and wow, did it feel a lot better.
Had been putting it off for ages, but it was getting too rattly, and was bugging me more than the faff of fitting it.
I managed to break the wedged nut off the top when I was tightening it up, so had to re-drill it and put the little pin in a little more tightly.

It's like there is a lot less noise in general, and the throttle response feels tighter (perhaps placebo?) But there is also a little less vibration through the butt and hands.

Had a nice little ride out now to get fuel, and it was nerve wracking getting the revs up high for the first time after fitting it :D

Man of Honour
My neighbour knocked on the door and kindly donated his old Arai helmet to me today as he no longer rides. He's very well off with some lovely cars and generally looks after his stuff. It's in great condition but I have no idea how old it is (I forgot to ask him, doh!). So it's questionable whether I should use it. But it may be useful as a spare and it's the thought that really counts. If I do use it then I will probably just use it for local rides where I can lock it with the bike while I pop to a shop or to a cafe, and not worry about it being messed with.

Caporegime
My neighbour knocked on the door and kindly donated his old Arai helmet to me today as he no longer rides. He's very well off with some lovely cars and generally looks after his stuff. It's in great condition but I have no idea how old it is (I forgot to ask him, doh!). So it's questionable whether I should use it. But it may be useful as a spare and it's the thought that really counts. If I do use it then I will probably just use it for local rides where I can lock it with the bike while I pop to a shop or to a cafe, and not worry about it being messed with.

It'll be on the helmet somewhere.

https://support.whyarai.com/support...34884-how-do-i-find-out-how-old-my-helmet-is-

Back
Top Bottom