Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Caporegime
Mum left paralysed after Kent M25 Insulate Britain protests held up hospital trip

Now, let me be clear - I don't advocate violence, but if that was me watching my mother suffer a stroke for 6 hours, which has now left this poor woman paralyzed on one side of her body, I'd have taken action. Not nice action either, the kind of action that would put me behind bars. These people need concrete blocks chained to them and flung in the sea.

Soldato
Wasn't insulating your home massively subsidised for years? Pretty sure things like loft insulation was basically being given away by energy companies at one point.

And yes those people above should now be in prison.

Caporegime
Wasn't insulating your home massively subsidised for years? Pretty sure things like loft insulation was basically being given away by energy companies at one point.

yea I think it was done to houses that weren't really suitable for it too and caused issues

Man of Honour

Yes, it was. I had more loft insulation in addition to what was already there and I had all my external walls insulated too (which cost me some room space in the front rooms). No financial cost to me at all. As far as I know, the whole street was done. Anyone could have it for free, all you had to do was ask for it. I'm not sure how many houses are left without insulation. If any.

But the scheme was ended this year.

But they won't be. It's too political. Unless they directly murder someone.

Man of Honour
Mum left paralysed after Kent M25 Insulate Britain protests held up hospital trip

Now, let me be clear - I don't advocate violence, but if that was me watching my mother suffer a stroke for 6 hours, which has now left this poor woman paralyzed on one side of her body, I'd have taken action. Not nice action either, the kind of action that would put me behind bars. These people need concrete blocks chained to them and flung in the sea.

Yeah but its OK because they once let an ambulance through...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Man of Honour
Seeing their antics yesterday these ******* idiots need locking up before they get an innocent person killed. Does it need say a family wiped out in a head on smash before it gets through their thick skulls?

Sometimes a situation is desperate enough extreme measures are required but this is not the time or place to require it.

Soldato

The cost was added to domestic bills for electricity retail customers of the large providers. Small electricity retailers were exempt from some of the renewable and insulation levies. So better off, better informed customers could avoid the cost by moving to small retailers. If you were too poor to qualify for Direct Debits and had to buy pre pay electricity not only would you pay more for you leccy but you paid into the insulation funds. That was then repeated with Feed In Tarifs for solar. Small retailers were exempt and the levy was applied to the big companies. So once again the poor who could only go with big providers got to pay for Mr and Mrs Smug's solar panels. You have to love the Green Grift.

Soldato
we are 1% of the worlds emissions, I think we already do our bit.
try convincing the polluting countries instead or take manufacturing away from them and do it here cleaner.

if we really want to be eco friendly we should aim to be fully self sufficient or not be relying on countries that pollute

why block a motorway? go block some billionaires row in london or somewhere instead, they are the ones who can make a difference, most of us normal people already have a really tiny carbon footprint, It's not us who need teaching a lesson.

Go block an apple store and demand they take manufacturing for british sold products to a more environmentally friendly country or tell them to stop treating mobile phones like disposable products everyone should dump in a land fill every 6-12 months

Disposable society is the biggest problem, every device is disposable these days no matter the cost

This is what I think, they should target large business that is known to be a big contributor to global warming or other environmental issues, maybe Amazon for example who use excess packaging for the smallest of products and send rockets into space for the sole purpose of space tourism for millionaires.

Soldato
No those countries can rely on the state brutalising it's citizens on an industrial scale it's exactly like a few ****** off motorists pulling some self entitled ***** out of the road.

Soldato
It'll end in tears eventually, one morning a person will wake up, hating their job and get stuck in front of these people, they'll go nuts and mow or more down.

Man of Honour
Injunction has been granted so hopefully they'll quickly find themselves in prison if it happens again

Nice thought Phil, but our lawmakers can make laws all day long, if the people charged with enforcing those laws aren’t interested, they’ll just ignore the law breakers.
A few years ago, two of my nieces were trying to flag a taxi in Farringdon Street in drizzling rain around 1.00 a.m., when a police car stopped and suggested that they walk up Charterhouse Street to Fabric, the dance club.
They told my nieces that there’s always a line of minicabs outside waiting for people to come out.
The fact that it’s illegal for minicabs to ply for hire, or form an illegal rank, apparently didn’t matter to those cops, nor the possibility that the girls might encounter a rapist.

Back
Top Bottom