Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Soldato
i use a very old executive chair made by evertaut, modern ones are very bad in comparisson unless very expensive.

if your lucky you can find better chairs in old furniture shops etc

Associate
At the office I had a Herman Miller Aeron and hated it. It was never quite right and always felt too big. Tried adjusting it but couldn't get it right and fit close enough/under the desk.

Since working from home, I got work to buy a Noblechairs Epic and it's much more comfortable - especially for those loooong meetings where I can recline it right back and gentle swing myself to sleep awake.

Associate
I've got an old Aeron and while it's fine for the most part, my fondest memories of comfort are from a £300 John Lewis executive chair. That thing was great and really nice for all sorts of sitting positions. Pity the fake leather fell apart after a while, otherwise I'd still have it.

Associate
I've got an old Aeron and while it's fine for the most part, my fondest memories of comfort are from a £300 John Lewis executive chair. That thing was great and really nice for all sorts of sitting positions. Pity the fake leather fell apart after a while, otherwise I'd still have it.
I simply couldn't get the Aeron comfortable... It always felt way too big and could never get the back into a good position, it was too far away. In order to properly use the support I had to be so deep into the chair it felt horrible

Associate
I simply couldn't get the Aeron comfortable... It always felt way too big and could never get the back into a good position, it was too far away. In order to properly use the support I had to be so deep into the chair it felt horrible
Understandable, but the design is intended for you to sit deep. It should support your back when upright and cup you when you lean back. It took a while for me to get used to it and when I did, it made working in the office must more enjoyable.

At home I tend to fidget more so I'm wondering if an Aeron is still the best choice.

Sgarrista
Commissario

Try a steelcase instead. I love my gesture, absolutely amazing.

Back
Top Bottom