When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
^ Looks good!Love the illuminated VW logo, would like that on our ID.3 but it’s illegal here in the UK…

It will be nice when the v2.3 SW lands OTA, we are waiting, our ID.3 came with v2.1 despite asking the dealer to update to the latest and mentioning v2.3 as the latest, however they only could do v2.1 (sept 4th) so just waiting for the notification.. if VW hold true to their regular update promise the car will only get better…

Soldato
I like the light strip across the front too. Is the illuminated logo not on UK spec cars then?
^ Looks good!Love the illuminated VW logo, would like that on our ID.3 but it’s illegal here in the UK…

It will be nice when the v2.3 SW lands OTA, we are waiting, our ID.3 came with v2.1 despite asking the dealer to update to the latest and mentioning v2.3 as the latest, however they only could do v2.1 (sept 4th) so just waiting for the notification.. if VW hold true to their regular update promise the car will only get better…

Soldato
thanks!

Just read terms and conditions and its "South or South East region" only. Will cost more in other regions :(

Its only £549 fitted from Ohme direct so may as well go with them.

If you are looking at a charger I came across Hypervolt having been recommended on here.

Very very happy with my choice, whilst no the cheapest option it's a nice unit and the customer support is epic.

Check out the Hypervolt Owners group on Facebook. Flavian the CEO is very active and responds to any issues very quickly.

It is run with a raspberry pi and is designed to be future proof.

We went with a 5m tethered, wish we went 7.5m to allow a bit more flexibility when the caravan is on drive but so glad we went tethered.

Switched to Octopus Go and had the first charge last night at £0.05 p/kWh and worked faultless.

Hypervolt has just sent out a new firmware update to integrate solar.

I think they may offer some referral discounts also, just get in touch if you decide and see what can be done! I got £50 for bluelight discount also.

I have the white but they are now offering a black case:

6P7H7Mb.jpeg

4xLnSQe.jpeg

Associate
We're looking at moving over some of our salaried employees that get company cars to EVs. I have 2/3 to sort out in the next couple of months.
We're on 3phase at our factory with 80Kva connection.

Each driver will have their own home charger, but i want to put two in at the factory. I have no idea how these work and was wondering what stops anyone pulling up and using our chargers?

Does anyone get reimbursed by their employer for charging a company car for mixed use?

Soldato
It’s a concept car so I wouldn’t get too hung up on how it looks or any particular stylistic features. The chances are it will change significantly.

Soldato
Soldato
Surprised no one has posted about the ground up EV replacement for the Meganne yet, it looks like a decent little car. Up to 60kwh (292 miles WLTP) battery and 200ish bhp in a relatively small form factor. It uses the same tech as the upcoming Aria and should be relatively 'affordable'.

Soldato
It'll be nice when you can get a decent family size EV for £30k (although arguably the e-Niro is already there jsut about)

The 2021 new cars are pretty exciting but also not cheap for the most part - IONIQ 5, EV6, ID4, Q4 etron etc...

Soldato
It'll be nice when you can get a decent family size EV for £30k (although arguably the e-Niro is already there jsut about)

The 2021 new cars are pretty exciting but also not cheap for the most part - IONIQ 5, EV6, ID4, Q4 etron etc...

Pretty sure the ID3 comes in at under £30k.

We lease ours under the NHS so no idea on retail values however so far does a fantastic job of family duties whilst the Superb is relegated to my commute and Caravan towing duties.

Soldato
It does but as soon as you trim it up to something reasonable it's £30k and tops out at over £40k.

We have the life trim...whilst classed as 'basic' I'm really struggling to justify any additional costs.

Money no object then yeah, matrix lights, extra speakers etc etc is all nice but the life spec is decent for a family vehicle.

Soldato
We have the life trim...whilst classed as 'basic' I'm really struggling to justify any additional costs.

Money no object then yeah, matrix lights, extra speakers etc etc is all nice but the life spec is decent for a family vehicle.

I was more thinking upgrading the 45kwh battery to the 58kwh battery but the same would apply to the Renault. Doesn't the Life also come with steel wheels by default? (quite stingy on VW's part for a car costing this much)

Soldato
I was more thinking upgrading the 45kwh battery to the 58kwh battery but the same would apply to the Renault. Doesn't the Life also come with steel wheels by default? (quite stingy on VW's part for a car costing this much)

Yeah they come with steelies but the Derry alloys are around a few hundred pounds to upgrade.

Check out my pic a few posts up. We literally spec'd the Derry alloys and interior mats as extras to the life spec and very pleased with it.

At 36 year old it is the first time ever I've had an attractive female (other than my wife!!) to come up to me on the school run and say she loved the car, and the colour is her favourite...slightly awkward when the wife was with me

Joking aside it's a great car.

Soldato

I ordered a ID.3 Life, 58Kwh battery with Derry Alloys for a smidge above £28k last week, should (luckily) have it in the next month or so. SO can be had under £30k, if you can find one that is !

Soldato
Pretty sure the ID3 comes in at under £30k.

We lease ours under the NHS so no idea on retail values however so far does a fantastic job of family duties whilst the Superb is relegated to my commute and Caravan towing duties.
ID3 meets the price but not (in my opinion) the space factor. We looked into it but I don't think it designed for any payload on the roof for a roofbox either to make it more practical unfortunately.

Soldato
ID3 meets the price but not (in my opinion) the space factor. We looked into it but I don't think it designed for any payload on the roof for a roofbox either to make it more practical unfortunately.

You can put one of those Thule storage boxes on the tow bar ("bike prep kit") instead.

Soldato

The space inside for passengers is on par with my Superb and the flat floor makes having 3 in the back more comfortable when you need it.

As the wanted had said you could always add the towbar and had the Thule storage box, which in my opinion is much more practical than a roofbox.

Back
Top Bottom