What does your car say about you?

Soldato
I’m not sure what the Lexus says about me. Being a hybrid I suppose it says I like to save money or the planet. Or I like reliability.

I don’t care enough these days tbh.

gEd

gEd

Associate
A 2003 Volvo V70 T5.
Says, I need loads of space, care about safety, too tight to spent money on a newer car and like a bit of oomph in my life.
(but I don't have a dog, smoke a pipe or wear slipp...no wait I do wear slippers)

Man of Honour
In days of yore, when I drove a brand new LTI TX1, then part exed it 4 years later for a brand new LTI TX2, friends and the man in the street saw me as a tax evading cake-o jet setter.
In actual fact I was simply a hedonist who put just enough hours in to enjoy up market restaurants and exotic holiday destinations.
My old man drummed it into me that we’re only here for 70 odd years, it’s not a rehearsal, and memories live longer than dreams.

Associate
I drive a seven seater Citroen Picasso...It says nothing about me apart from my family has extended..(grandkids).....A car is just a work horse to get you from A to B.....You can drive a BMW...AUDI....but you're just paying the extra expense thinking you look cool in your work horse when the reality is nobody who sees you thinks you look cool...nore cares in any shape or form.

Soldato
I drive a seven seater Citroen Picasso...It says nothing about me apart from my family has extended..(grandkids).....A car is just a work horse to get you from A to B.....You can drive a BMW...AUDI....but you're just paying the extra expense thinking you look cool in your work horse when the reality is nobody who sees you thinks you look cool...nore cares in any shape or form.

Haha, brilliant.

Soldato
These two are a good pairing. The Evo is not as fierce as the Impreza. Guess this says I like rusty 90s Japanese rally cars :D

51322214235_8acc76ac29_z.jpg

I suppose the same, less of the rust though and more of the OCD :cry:

eLIXmJy.jpg

Soldato
What does my SRT8 (Big Ern) say about me? Really not sure... family man holding onto some semblance of youth as it's powerful, quick... but needs something for the family and dump runs lol... it's an epic allrounder... just like me lol

What does my Xedos 9 (Xena) say about me? Well, it says I feel empathy for cars more than humans tbh... it was being scrapped in 2014 if it didn't sell on eBay which Icould not allow (yes I get upset walking around scrapyards!)... I paid £400 quid for it, gave it a new lease of life and it's not let me down, it's part of the family. So for me, it's saying I like oddball, old timers... that knowbody knows what the hell it is!

I just love cars and engines... and I like weird ones that don't quite fit in with everyone else or have problems and/or charactor... hence the RX8 previously... the Saab's I've owned were pretty cool... I don't want something to get me from A to B... I want something that makes me smile...

Soldato
:D Lovely.

The RA was done last winter. I need to get some ramp shots sometime.

51332556600_696e0a3cbe_z.jpg

The Evo will be done when it comes back from Engine Tuner in November. Going to be a ball ache to get off whatever underseal has been used.

51331560171_748d1933cf_z.jpg

Haha, touche! Looks well. The Evo still looks better than 90% of UK ones. You plan on doing the work yourself?

Back
Top Bottom