Valheim

Soldato
New patch out today to fix the food stats. I tried it out yesterday and choosing between high health or high stamina was a pita. Glad they fixed that, but we shall we how good it is when I try it later

Associate
We started a new world for the patch after not playing for about 4 months. Really enjoying it again, though thats not due to the recent content patch - thats because its a fantastic game.

Associate
I finished the game about 2 months ago. Really enjoyed it. It didn't cost the earth. Great value.

If I never play it again, I'm still happy. Had lots of fun.
Absolutely. I can't recommend this game enough.

Me and a friend got a dedicated server and just hopped on occasionally to build up our base (the building in the game is *super* satisfying) and then once a week we'd game together to fight and expand into the new areas.

Can't wait for more content, and it wasn't even £20 - cheaper than a cinema outing and like 40 hours of gaming out of it! Excellent value.

Associate
Only got Valheim about 2 weeks ago, been having many 1am nights. Incredibly good value for money, especially for an early access game.

It's also nice to see the same Unity behaviours I never fixed in my own projects like being able to jump up steep cliffsides and boxes with physics rocketing you forward...

Man of Honour
I honestly can't think of a single game I'd nominate this year.

Theres been several "good" games this year but in terms of "great" games, whose greatness warrants being my GOTY, sadly there have been only two (the aforementioned Pathfinder 2 and RE:Village). Pretty poor year overall, normally I have several games vying in my mind for my GOTY

Man of Honour
You guys think it will win Steam game of the year?

Seems not

The 2021 Steam Awards Winners

• Game Of The Year -- Resident Evil Village
  • VR Game Of The Year -- Cooking Simulator VR
  • Labor Of Love -- Terraria
  • Better With Friends -- It Takes Two
  • Outstanding Visual Style -- Forza Horizon 5
  • Most Innovative Gameplay -- Deathloop
  • Best Game You Suck At -- Nioh - The Complete Edition
  • Best Soundtrack -- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Outstanding Story-Rich Game -- Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sit Back And Relax -- Farming Simulator 22

Man of Honour
I think it came second. I wonder if it being released way back in the beginning of the year caused some to forget about it.

The competition was pretty weak to be honest, other nominees included Cyberpunk 2077 , which given the mess it was in shouldnt be a nominee for GOTY , plus CP2077 came out in 2020 so imo shouldnt even be in a 2021 GOTY. Another nominee was New World, a game with all manner of ingame and out of game issues, which lost 90% of its userbase in just a few months, again, not IMO worthy of being a GOTY nominee.

Soldato
The competition was pretty weak to be honest, other nominees included Cyberpunk 2077 , which given the mess it was in shouldnt be a nominee for GOTY , plus CP2077 came out in 2020 so imo shouldnt even be in a 2021 GOTY. Another nominee was New World, a game with all manner of ingame and out of game issues, which lost 90% of its userbase in just a few months, again, not IMO worthy of being a GOTY nominee.

Yeah I questioned CP2077 for the same reasons. Agree with New World too.

Back
Top Bottom