Random Famous People You Met

Soldato
When I was 18 I was working at McDonald's serving on the tills. I looked up and low behold stood before me was Teddy Sheringham (I think he was playing at West Ham at that time) with his son. For the record he had a chicken sandwich.

Associate
talked to Jackie Chan outside of the Marriott in new York times square
served robson green at john Lewis when i was a manager there
also professor green at same shop who gave me free entry to his show

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Spring to mind;
Ben Fogle - queued behind for some time at a very busy Waitrose - Regatta time i think.
Midge Ure - Bought the family farmhouse, therefore neighbours to the family farm for years and years.
Antony Warrel Thomson - used to host a garden party/hog roast in my village every year growing up.
Urs Schwarzenbach - lived in the village growing up.
Tiff Needell - Met at Le Mans 24, was staying in the same area as us one year.
Boris Johnson - handed me my GCSE certificates, he was my local MP at the time and did the rounds doing this in the 90s.

Seen lots which don't count as meeting, at a distance, due to working at a very large stadium venue for a few years covering all of the events there.

Associate
As a child I met

Arthur Lowe (Dad's Army) - Opened a school fete
David Hamilton (Radio DJ) - Ideal Home Exhibition
Matthew Corbett (Sooty & Sweep) - Back stage
Spike Milligan (got his autograph too somewhere. Very funny man) - Back stage
Frank Ifield (Singer) - Music Festival

As an adult I've bumped into / met

Peter Skinner (disgraced Labour MEP) gave him a lift to the train station in my car as we were at the same meeting together. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/former-mep-jailed-fraud-peter-skinner-95101/
Richard E Grant (In Harrods looking at the iMacs)
Denis Bond (Writer of kids TV programme Pipkins)
Cheryl Baker (Bucks Fizz) What a lovely friendly lady. Made me a cup of coffee :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Only one I ever recognised was jimmy carr in the street, I just kept on walking.
probably been near others and never noticed.

don't really care if I see someone famous or not, never been into celebrity hype

Man of Honour
2003 to 2007 I used to work in couple of fancy restaurants. Met pretty much all of Man United and City players of the day, lot of ex-footballers and Corrie stars (not that I knew who they were but the girls always got excited). Graeme Souness was surprisingly nice, his wife not so much. :D Roy Keane and Nicky Butt were pretty miserable as well. Met Van Nisterlooy day before he was sold to Real Madrid.

Wonder if van Nistelrooy bought every table in DIVERXO, Madrid’s top restaurant, a bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal to celebrate his transfer to Real Madrid.

When I was very young, I worked in a petrol station on the way to London from Brighton. There were a few who came in there.

Susan Maughan, she sang Bobby's Girl
Jimmy Hill
Ronnie Corbet (He was definitely gay and had a gentleman with him)
Ken Dodd
to name a few. I think most of them are dead now.

Man of Honour
Ronnie Corbet (He was definitely gay and had a gentleman with him)

I know it means nothing but I met him with his wife, the bloke could have been his Manager.
When he was at Jollees he was very particular about being photographed against things that would give a good idea of his height even though there's millions of pictures out there.

Associate
I met Greg James a few weeks ago at work while he was doing his tour around Britain in a campervan. Had a decent chat to him about a local curry house and the quality of their vegan options. I'm sure I bored him silly but he was a really lovely chap! Especially as he'd been stuck in said camper van for days in 30 degree heat.

Back
Top Bottom