Keeping up with the Markles

Caporegime
Actually, that's probably a wrong assumption on my part, the series of film deals they've signed is with Netflix, not lifetime.

It's not clear if they've had to give any permission etc.. here, probably not needed as per the Crown. I guess the source for some of it is their (unofficially authorised) accounts in books etc.. via trusted friends + some dramatisation, like the car accident etc..

Soldato
per the comments on the Lifetime video excerpt , its like a parody , which was already made by Channel 4 - to wit. the windsors.

moreover -
Pleased about this, he should be allowed to disbelieve her if he so wishes without everyone being offended by it.
Good to see Piers doing a obsequious interview on ITV, this pm, with Ronaldo - we'll see if his scrutiny is impartial -
and whether he comments on if his belief/not of the rape/abuse allegations.

Soldato
per the comments on the Lifetime video excerpt , its like a parody , which was already made by Channel 4 - to wit. the windsors.

moreover -

Good to see Piers doing a obsequious interview on ITV, this pm, with Ronaldo - we'll see if his scrutiny is impartial -
and whether he comments on if his belief/not of the rape/abuse allegations.
Probably not allowed to bring that up by his PR team

Soldato
says it all for American 'drama' that they award Emmy top awards to the Crown -
All the excerpts I've seen I just see a parody, with melodramatic acting, just the legacy of Dallas or Dynasty type series, which had their day.
Americans make good recent historical drama stuff, I thought The Comey Rule was an example.

Markles rebuffed the invitation apparently - thy could have made the award.

Soldato
All the excerpts I've seen I just see a parody, with melodramatic acting, just the legacy of Dallas or Dynasty type series, which had their day.
Americans make good recent historical drama stuff, I thought The Comey Rule was an example.

The Crown was actually fantastic, one of the best drama series of recent years, maybe you should watch more than excerpts.

Man of Honour
The Crown was actually fantastic, one of the best drama series of recent years, maybe you should watch more than excerpts.
I totally agree with this. It didn't seem my kind of programme and I kept ignoring it. Then one day I was bored and couldn't find anything else to watch so tried it. I was instantly hooked. It's brilliant.

Soldato
The only thing necessary for the triumph of woke is for good men (Piers ?) to do nothing.
Heard an interview with this guy (the irony of buying the book though?)
Woke, Inc: Inside the Social Justice Scam by Vivek Ramaswamy review - is corporate America exploiting ‘woke’ politics for profit?

[crown: The Daily Mail is popular too.
New data from Ipsos iris, the official source for online audience measurement in the UK since April 2021, revealed that MailOnline, the UK's most read and recognised newsbrand, saw its audience spend a huge 1.7billion minutes on our sites and app during July 2021.
That compares with 909million for The Guardian, 688million for Sun Online and 417million for Mirror Online.

]

Caporegime
Definitely not ironic the DM were banging on about their airbrushing when a massive chunk of their content are airbrushed people.

It did make me laugh though when someone described that cover photo as Harry being the hairdresser checking out his work in front of the mirror with his customer :cry:.

Soldato

So you've not even watched it... But you're annoyed its won awards... Ok...

Soldato
So you've not even watched it... But you're annoyed its won awards... Ok...
you should be able to triage a new tv series in a few minutes - its not on the curriculum, but an adult skill, where do people find time to watch, is it, 5, hours a day.
how many tv shows are there where initial impressions are wrong - Vigil Bridgerton
just a pity its hard to get your money back if you don't like the cinema film.
Spencer looks like it will out rank The Crown

Soldato
you should be able to triage a new tv series in a few minutes - its not on the curriculum, but an adult skill, where do people find time to watch, is it, 5, hours a day.
how many tv shows are there where initial impressions are wrong - Vigil Bridgerton
just a pity its hard to get your money back if you don't like the cinema film.
Spencer looks like it will out rank The Crown

So you say you have a skill in being able to give an accurate assessment of a program within a few minutes and then in the very next sentence state that there are many shows where initial impressions are wrong.

That is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom