John Challis (Boycie) has died

V F

V F

Soldato
RIP.

“Did you know, 500 years ago this was a green and peaceful area? The old Earl of Peckham had a castle where the Kwik-Fit exhaust centre now stands.

"Flaxen-haired maidens used to dance round the village maypole of an evening. And then one fateful medieval day, the Trotter clan arrived in a stolen Zephyr.

"Before you knew it, the flaxen-haired maiden was up the spout, the old Earl had been sold some hooky armour and someone nicked the maypole."

That was from the episode Dates, was it not?

Associate
Sad to see him go, what a performer he was.

One of my mates from uni came back from summer break years back with a prized possession that he kept in his wallet, a signed Polaroid of him and Boycie posing at some school fair in Banbury where he was guest of honour, taking paid pics for charity.

Soldato
The jolly boys outing will always be my fav episode, although my fav scene.....has to be this one

Have all the series on dvd but not all the specials, do happen to have The Jolly Boys Outing though, might give that a watch later, not seen it in ages.
I have to class Only fools as a legendary comedy series along with all the actors, those that leave us, leave behind some of the greatest tv.

Caporegime
It's the build up which gets me. Superb writing.
“How can I change the lywics to cwying? Bloody songs called Cwying”

I honestly thought my dad was gonna die laughing at that episode. Never seen anybody so totally disabled by laughter. He literally could not move.

Philip Pope deserves a lot of recognition for that performance as Tony Angelino. It was sublime. Don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else.

Another classic in that episode was when Del handed Rodney the Mathessons sausage that Tony kept in his pants to enhance his manhood lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom