• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
I think as soon as ETH is obsolete for mining then the prices of GPUs will slowly drop. More GPUs will become available unless people are scalping them. The prices for GPUs did dip a little bit after the crypto crash a couple of months ago so that’s what I’m basing my answer on.

I think naturally, the prices of GPUs will go up due to the silicon shortage.

Soldato
I think as soon as ETH is obsolete for mining then the prices of GPUs will slowly drop. More GPUs will become available unless people are scalping them. The prices for GPUs did dip a little bit after the crypto crash a couple of months ago so that’s what I’m basing my answer on.

I think naturally, the prices of GPUs will go up due to the silicon shortage.

1 year ago Nvidia `launched` the RTX 30xx series

Associate
as long mining is as it is, expect this to continue
while a 7600xt will replace the current 6900xt next year with a 128bit bus and likely at a 800 euro price.
wont mean much unless mining value is dropping off

Associate
I'm wondering if the huge price increase in energy may start to come into play in the UK. Though if it does make an impact i think we'll only see any benefits (GPU price/supply) start a little bit after when the next shipments hit the stores.

However as with all the doom and gloom for the past year i'm not counting on anything. Just hoping the Series S stays in stock long enough for some post xmas sales :)

Associate
I was just thinking the energy price increases will affect mining before long.

It will depend on what parts of the world where you have your mining setup. For the small miners and part timers in could be a problem but the real issue is what the Chinese government do a bout crypto China are the biggest players in the mining game and also the largest buyer of GPU`s.

Associate
mining is not even the main cause of prices now

the global supply chain is nakered to put it bluntly

as for energy prices was reading yesterday and every European country has declared it a crisis Spain and Italy are talking about payments to low income families

and the eu is holding crisis talks this week

they have been using the stored supplies now Russia will not sell them anything extra to top them back up outside of the contracted deals

Associate

as for energy prices was reading yesterday and every European country has declared it a crisis Spain and Italy are talking about payments to low income families

they have been using the stored supplies now Russia will not sell them anything extra to top them back up outside of the contracted deals

It's the energy supply which is knackered.
You need plenty of cheap energy to keep the global supply chain running at the usual rate.

Permabanned
"China's central bank has announced that all transactions of crypto-currencies are illegal, effectively banning digital tokens such as Bitcoin.

"Virtual currency-related business activities are illegal financial activities," the People's Bank of China said, warning it "seriously endangers the safety of people's assets".

China is one of the world's largest crypto-currency markets.

Fluctuations there often impact the global price of crypto-currencies.

The price of Bitcoin fell by more than $2,000 (£1,460) in the wake of the Chinese announcement."

China declares all crypto-currency transactions illegal - BBC News

Permabanned
Chinese Regulators Are Serious About Banning Crypto This Time
Chinese Regulators Are Serious About Banning Crypto This Time (msn.com)

"(Bloomberg) -- Chinese officials have taken steps for months to crack down on cryptocurrencies, with mixed effects. On Friday, they tried to erase any doubts about their intentions.

In statements that were the most extreme and unequivocal so far, authorities on Sept. 24 said crypto transactions in China are banned and they will root out mining of digital assets. Almost immediately, the popular offshore exchange Huobi stopped allowing new users to register with a mainland China phone number and in a statement Sunday said it would “gradually retire existing mainland China user accounts” by Dec. 31."

Soldato

The government shouldn't have been so hasty to ditch fracking it seems.

Back
Top Bottom