Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Associate
I read that Apple lost a number of their senior chip designers. If the A15 isn’t much of a leap, I wonder how this bodes for the M1X and M2. A few “optimists” seem to think the next gen Apple Silicon will be faster than a 5950x + 3090, but all on a single 30W chip. Perhaps the gains will be more modest.

They've doubled the cache on the A15 and it seems that the clocks were boosted, which is what I'd expect as the architecture matures. They've been quite aggressive previously and the A14 was already a monster for a phone but the A15 tweaks seem necessary to enable the new camera features. Probably not enough of a % gain to look good in the marketing slides and I always find those "vs the competition" comparisons pretty useless.

Soldato
I know it’s slightly off topic but just to add to the Android vs Apple(OS) debate - Apple know how to roll out an update. I admit it’s a fairly minor attribute to many but as I’m sure users will know the new OS’s were released yesterday. I now have iOS 15 on my iPhone 12, iPadOS 15 on my Air and watchOS 8 on my Series 5 all within an hour of each other.
You just don’t get that sort of continuity with Android.

I agree, but its also because Android has to cater for a lot more branded handsets and Apple just their own smallish line of phones.

hated the days when I had to wait for Vodafone/EE/Three etc to release their updates of Android, weeks after the global version was out.

Soldato
I know it’s slightly off topic but just to add to the Android vs Apple(OS) debate - Apple know how to roll out an update. I admit it’s a fairly minor attribute to many but as I’m sure users will know the new OS’s were released yesterday. I now have iOS 15 on my iPhone 12, iPadOS 15 on my Air and watchOS 8 on my Series 5 all within an hour of each other.
You just don’t get that sort of continuity with Android.

And it supports six-year old devices.

Soldato
Looks like Prosser even got the date/time wrong for the lifting of the iPhone 13 embargo. He said 9am EST / 1PM GMT. Lo and behold - no reviews up yet.

Soldato
if the phone costs £165 you don’t need continuity.

Cost is irrelevant. What matters is that users of older devices can still run all their favourite apps.

As soon as a device is 'orphaned' and no longer able to accept future OS updates, app support will quickly start to wane too, ultimately forcing them to upgrade.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yep unboxing and initial impressions.

One thing I'm not happy about is how they have implemented the macro via software. When the camera gets close to a subject it will auto switch to the ultra-wide, and you cannot switch back to the wide unless you move the lens away again.

Back
Top Bottom