What have you overclocked/modded other than a PC?

Soldato
Does my electric scooter count? added a speedo, and modded the firmware to increase maximum power output, as the risk of reducing battery life. Was fantastic for carrying out chores around various places I moored.

Soldato
When I was 10, my El cheapo RC car was a bit crap. I added some wires to connect an extra 4 AA batteries to it, taped to the top (default was 4 or 6 batteries, I forget) and it gave it a little extra juice.

Going for 6 or 8 extra batteries slowed it down due to the weight, though. 4 was optimum

Soldato
tried inverting the pedals for a G27...changing height/angle etc to make them more comfortable to use with a comfy chair

best solution was just a big box to raise them up, the extra weight made the wheel stand more stable too

Caporegime
Does my electric scooter count? added a speedo, and modded the firmware to increase maximum power output, as the risk of reducing battery life. Was fantastic for carrying out chores around various places I moored.
guess your in europe mainland where there isn't some strange laws to get a monopoly on rental scooters

Soldato
I love tiny quick cars. For some reason it really winds people up when they can't keep up with it and that is weirdly satisfying.

Soldato
guess your in europe mainland where there isn't some strange laws to get a monopoly on rental scooters

Yeah I bought it in Spain, but used in Spain and the Canaries, Portugal, Bonaire, Curacao, St Maarten, and a few other places.

A few of years ago in Spain they just exploded, you'd buy them at the supermarket. Xiaomi also had high street stores.

In La Linea for example on a 5-10 min walk to the shops, you'd easily come across 15-20 scooters being ridden up and down the cycle path. There were available for rent in Faro, and also in Aracife. The rentals were poor though compared to regular Xiaomi M365 especially once modded. They work better in some towns than others. Valencia for example is very flat. Tarragona, where I've also seen rentals is full of cobblestones, not really worth using one there.

Soldato
Does a bicycle count? Didn't like the saddle on my mountain bike so swapped it for something more comfortable swapped the handlebars and grips for the same reason had the tubes changed to be easier to pump up (schrader) I've got a hankering to put some telescopic forks on the front but I'm not sure that would work/geometry would fit

Man of Honour
One of my eBikes, I had it going around 35mph on the throttle but went back to 15.5mph because it scared me :)
There is one bloke on here who builds a few and he had one going at 50mph.

My WORX Hydroshot, there is a hack where you put a magnet on it and the pressure comes out higher.

Soldato
Modded Casio FX-451 calculator to take a 1.5v AA battery gaffa taped to the back when the internal battery died. I suppose I could have got another cell battery and done it properly, but it was needs must at the time.

hux

hux

Soldato
My 309gti, went from 125hp to around 220hp, that surprised a few :D
My ctdi civic will be overclocked to 207/360 which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom