*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
What stands to people use/recommend for One SL's as rear speakers? Main 2 seem to be the Flexson and Sanus, but read varying things like some saying they support the SL, some say they don't and no way to secure them.

Soldato
What stands to people use/recommend for One SL's as rear speakers? Main 2 seem to be the Flexson and Sanus, but read varying things like some saying they support the SL, some say they don't and no way to secure them.

Get the Felxson adjustable floor stands. They are compatible and also if you ever move, change sofas etc as least you can change the height of them.

Soldato
So I have a Yamaha YSP2500 which sounds good, but the connectivity is a bit old now, so won’t play nice with a series x at 4K and ARC has never worked reliably.

I’ve just got a Sonos roam and am very tempted to slowly build out a Sonos system. I’d always thought the arc to be an equivalent, but the beam gen 2 looks great. Has anyone made this swap?

Soldato
Beam 2 got a decent review at What HiFi:

Their opinion is worth little.

I always take it back to when they reviewed the Xbox One S 4K Blu-ray player.

4K HDR images lack subtlety
Lean sound

My father has had his beam a few months now and he’s still super chuffed with it. Best thing for him is it just “works”. Sounds great for TV too.

Associate
So I have a Yamaha YSP2500 which sounds good, but the connectivity is a bit old now, so won’t play nice with a series x at 4K and ARC has never worked reliably.

I’ve just got a Sonos roam and am very tempted to slowly build out a Sonos system. I’d always thought the arc to be an equivalent, but the beam gen 2 looks great. Has anyone made this swap?
I changed from a Yamaha YSP2700 to a Beam (Gen 1) with Subwoofer and Play 1's and loved it. It just works and sounds great. Having physical surround speakers really puts you in the action on screen.

Soldato
I changed from a Yamaha YSP2700 to a Beam (Gen 1) with Subwoofer and Play 1's and loved it. It just works and sounds great. Having physical surround speakers really puts you in the action on screen.

Yeah, I'd be looking at a gen 2 if I got one. Subwoofer would be further down the line.

Soldato
I'm hoping some form of Atmos rears come soon. The new Sony HT-A9 only uses 4 speakers and is absolutely amazing at creating a sound bubble. Managed to get a demo in and makes the Atmos on the Arc seem really poor.

Associate
I'm hoping some form of Atmos rears come soon. The new Sony HT-A9 only uses 4 speakers and is absolutely amazing at creating a sound bubble. Managed to get a demo in and makes the Atmos on the Arc seem really poor.
Ooh I literally just made a thread about the HT A9! Sounds good, would you say it's worth the price? Did you hear it with or without the optional sub?

Soldato
Ooh I literally just made a thread about the HT A9! Sounds good, would you say it's worth the price? Did you hear it with or without the optional sub?

Without the sub, but it still packed a punch and depending on size of room may not be needed. Deffo a decent system but is quite pricey especially if you need to add the sub, however it does really create a very good sound bubble from every single direction.

Associate
Without the sub, but it still packed a punch and depending on size of room may not be needed. Deffo a decent system but is quite pricey especially if you need to add the sub, however it does really create a very good sound bubble from every single direction.
Nice! That is exciting. Well the price is high but reviews I've seen have compared it quality wise to a medium budget home theatre system. It sounds like the price proposition is actually quite solid in that regard, especially adding on to that the ease of use and flexibility

Soldato

The arc sounds good to me as long as the heigh channel sound is turned up.

HT9 seems expensive for what it is, plus no Center channel so poor dialogue

Associate
The arc sounds good to me as long as the heigh channel sound is turned up.

HT9 seems expensive for what it is, plus no Center channel so poor dialogue
It's a big assumption to assume poor dialog....have you heard it? Everything I've heard from people who have actually heard it say that it's fake centre channel is incredibly good.

Man of Honour
Anyone use Arc, Sub and Play 1 rears with an Apple TV? If I don't have 'change audio' selected on the Apple TV then I sometimes get no sound or really messed up sound (ie, only the rear right channel). Happens on Disney, iPlayer, Netflix, Prime and Plex.

Soldato
Anyone use Arc, Sub and Play 1 rears with an Apple TV? If I don't have 'change audio' selected on the Apple TV then I sometimes get no sound or really messed up sound (ie, only the rear right channel). Happens on Disney, iPlayer, Netflix, Prime and Plex.

What TV are you using ?

Soldato
Try change the digital sound out to AUTO if it's set on passthrough or vice versa. Seen a few things on that having issues with Apple TV.

Back
Top Bottom